Dickey confidence

Regardless of the odds against us in the Sun Belt is it just me or don't you feel that Dickey will find a way to get it done? People bitch and moan about non conference but whether you like it or not the Belt is our conference. Even with all the youth this year I have a sense that Dickey will figure a way to pull it out.

I contribute our past success on one part coaching, one part players playing hard, and one part luck. "One part luck?!" you think... Well, after the Miracle in the Desert and a 70-yd punt against the MUTS, I'd say, yeah, we've had some luck.

I contribute our past success on one part coaching, one part players playing hard, and one part luck.  "One part luck?!" you think...  Well, after the Miracle in the Desert and a 70-yd punt against the MUTS, I'd say, yeah, we've had some luck.

I like who Coach Dickey and staff have always re-loaded with, ie, some well-coached Texas HS football products (as well as those from the state of Oklahoma). The SBC talent evaluators seem to not have a clue as to who these players are when we recruit them and they almost annually rank us 3'rd or 4'th among SBC recruiting classes (but how could they possibly have a clue since we "only" have 160,000 who play HS football here in the Lone Star State)?

On the other side of the coin, although DD''s reloads have been sufficient for SBC competition, I still would like to see him and his staff upgrade with more Rivals multi-star recruits to complement all the other good athletes Coach Dickey annually recruits. When this happens, then we start winning our bowl games, but this is where new football facilities will play a big part. Recruiting is all about (as TAMU Coach Fran calls them) "Wow" facilities; that is, the kind of facilities that really catches the eyes of our visiting HS recruits. Our new Athletic Center, Victory Hall Dorm and Super Cafeteria combo of faclities have proven to be 3 such "WOW" facilities the Aggie coach referred to in today's Dallas Morning News SportsPage.

NT's FOOTBALL FACILITIES? We are in "catch up" mode with every new facility we build and have ribbon cutting ceremonies for at our Eagle Point Campus. We really should have had all these things in place post Hayden Fry era but we didn't and our football program took one helluva' roller coaster ride as a result. (Past NT administrator's lack of knowledge or appreciation of the percs of being in NCAA D1-A also kept us down for a generation and was one reason our football program spent 13 years in NCAA D1-AA).

Now there are other SBC schools who are now planning on building indoor practice facilties so that will be the next big NCAA D1-A fad among its schools, especially non BCS schools who will see the need to have that kind of facility in order to keep up with the Joneses. So when we get around to building our indoor practice facility, I hope we are one of the first schools in the SBC who gets it done, because we cannot afford to be one of the last SBC schools who finishes such a facility.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

i have enough confidence to say,we'll beat K-State, That a LOT of confidence,I hope I am right though.

How can you say you have confidence when you follow it up with "I hope I'm right." blink.gif

I'm pretty confident that Dickey will pull it out this year, but I think it's less important that the coaches start recruiting the bigger-name players. I think that it matters less what a bunch of coaches think of you in high school, and more about your attitude and the way you fit with the schemes in college.

Although high school performance certainly can indicate a good recruit, it's not everything. Look at former Texas Tech and Stephenville Yellowjackets Art Bryles's son. In 2000-2001 he was considered one of the top players in the toughest district in the nation, but I'm pretty sure he's not doing anything in college.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this year Dickey has assembled the lineup he needs to win some OCC games.

Guest UNTMike81*

Man, Did you see how many of our recruits last yr. run a 4.6 or better. DD is starting to recruit speed. We've just had to show recruit's we'll continue to WIN.