jamario's career

bigrobdsp

how do you think Jamario will end up in the feeding order of all time college running backs? will he be the fourth back to reach 5000 yards and 400 points? will he break every record ever held? or will he just be really good? I tend to think that he will end up in the top 10 statisticly, about on par with Cedric Bensons numbers. I dont think he will come out nearly as high as Benson did in the draft, but I think that will be enough to really get noticed.

I think he can get to 5000 yards in his career(barring injury) but he will never be thought of as an all-time great simply because of where he plays. He could rush for 2000 yards his junior and senior years and people would still say "look at the competition".

Think of this example. If Booger had the stats he did and played in the Big 12, he would have been a first round draft choice and the next coming. Unfortunately he will be fighting for a roster spot as a free agent.

Look at Brad Kassell. He went undrafted and now he is a star of the Titans defense. Had he played in the SEC, he would have picked on the first day of the draft. Rocky Calmus played at OU and everyone thought he was all-world. Now Brad is starting in front of him.

Cobbs probably won't get drafted and he will shortly be the all-time leading rusher at NT.

I still maintain he will be our next offensive player to be drafted, and our first RB in I dont know how long...

I think Quinn has a shot at being drafted before Jamario. Johnny will be seeing single coverage all year considering teams will be stacking the box. He is poised to have a monster year with is increased strength, faster speed, and nunchuck skills. Let's hope the quarterback, whoever that may be, can get him the ball.

Edited by Eagle-96

I think Quinn has a shot at being drafted before Jamario. Johnny will be seeing single coverage all year considering teams will be stacking the box. He is poised to have a monster year with is increased strength, faster speed, and nunchuck skills. Let's hope the quarterback, whoever that may be, can get him the ball.

the addition of nunchuck skills will definitly put him on the radar for some teams.

It looks like JQ has put on a GOOD 10-15 pounds of pure-D muscle since he has been at NT. His arms look bigger than my legs!

I certainly do hope that we can harness that talent. This talent combined with JT and PC, and a half-decent QB, should mean another repeat year for us...

Nunchuck skillz? Goooosh! ph34r.gif

user posted image

I have several thougts:

Considering the teams week in and week out that Cedric Benson posted those numbers against, I also doubt Jmo will even be in the first day... but who knows, there is alot of football to be played.

How many of Benson's yards every year came against Rice, FIU and the likes?

I think he can get to 5000 yards in his career(barring injury) but he will never be thought of as an all-time great simply because of where he plays. He could rush for 2000 yards his junior and senior years and people would still say "look at the competition".

That was the draft day knock against recently drafted from Penn State (his name escapes me), and he still went in the first round. Wasn't that a knock against Demarcus Ware? he went on the first day, didn't he?

If Jamario takes care of business, the NFL scouts will find a way to scout him; and properly evalute his talent.

Quinn will get drafted in the 5th-7th round, he is one of the fastest/strongest white WR's I have ever seen.

Quinn makes terrell owens look like star jones on the f-ball field.

and(hopefully-no injuries)

hell get somewhere between 4600-5300 yards

Edited by Greeneagle87