Big 12 Texas at Big Conference Ohio State!

Vincent Young will be so worn out from scoring touchdowns on Louisiana-Lafayette, no way he'll match his magic against the Buckeyes in Ohio Stadium. I'll alweays root for Texas (even against A&M), but I've attended games at Ohio State and when they have a real power visiting, they turn it up a notch...but the real problem for Texas will be the fans (106,000). They're more than loud. It can be real intimidating. Plus, the Buckeyes only lost 4 seniors from last year's team! That said, it should be one helluva game! So, go get 'em Longhorns! The plane ride back won't be so bad, as long as no one gets hurt.

Ohio States entire fortues ride on one man. Ted Ginn Jr. if he can have the game of his carrer then they will win a close one. otherwise its Texas in a blowout. P.S. I am well aware that my knowledge of college football is suspect at best. but having said that I am always right at least untill game time.

which ever team wins that game will lock up the number two spot and it will be theirs to loose. Texas would still have to get passed OU and ohio state would still have to go through Michigan, but they would certainly be the early front runners for the Rose Bowl.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Texas won against OSU in a blowout, but I wouldn't bet on it, either. As much as Ohio State relies on Ginn, Texas relies on Young. I think Texas is even more overrated this year than in past years, and I would not bat an eye if they got stomped.

As for beating Oklahoma, I'm going to go with the Patriots rule: "Until they prove to me otherwise." Unless OU loses, I'm going to go with them every year in the Red River Shootout until they do.

Edited by illuvius32

To be blunt, OSU will win this game. Bank it. Vincent Young is great but he will have to get a passing game to do what he did last year. Texas is losing some big names and will have to rely on VY. With defenses watching every minute of tape from last year. Spy's will be everywhere. Glory to the Orange.

No underdog team here in UT or OSU = I don't care who wins or who loses, it's a non-event for me. Sure, I may watch the game if it stays interesting as I prefer any college game over a pro game. But, they are both FAT hogs in the mud pit; I'll cheer for the skinny runts!

OSU's program is rotten to the core (almost as bad SMU was ) They have all kinds of problems with the NCAA.... besides I am a Texan

No football program is as crooked as SMU's was. Ohio State, despite their problems with the law with some of their players...the pure fact remains that they have the nation's fastest and best three linebackers, and fastest and best defensive secondary. Their offense is fast also, with #7 taking a naked reverse 65 yards for a TD vs Oklahoma State in the Alamo Bowl. They blew out the Cowboys 38-7. It was no contest from right after the National Anthem. And, The Buckeyes won that game with a back-up Quarterback.

No football program is as crooked as SMU's was. Ohio State, despite their problems with the law with some of their players...the pure fact remains that they have the nation's fastest and best three linebackers, and fastest and best defensive secondary.

OSU has also had university people writing papers etc. for their athletes. Then there is their great Alum---- Clarette, who filed false theft reports and did nothing in class unless you count what others supposedly did for him. They got credit for a National Championship using this thug. It may not be as crooked as SMU was.... but it is really rotten and bad enough to deserve no respect..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

OSU wins this one in classic Buckeye fashion....no offense all defense. I'm predicting a 17-7 win. OSU's defense will be too much for Vince Young. I see lots of turnovers in favor of the Bucks. Texas is severely overrated this year.

Anyone want any more predictions? My crystal ball is ona hot streak! tongue.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

To be blunt, OSU will win this game. Bank it. Vincent Young is great but he will have to get a passing game to do what he did last year. Texas is losing some big names and will have to rely on VY. With defenses watching every minute of tape from last year. Spy's will be everywhere.  Glory to the Orange.

I'm trying to downplay the Ohio State rout of Texas September 10th, but today at Barnes & Noble-I read Spike Dyke's book. Pretty funny stuff about the Red Raiders getting the hell beat outa them in Columbus. He had to break in 2 new punters, and Spike said one punt was so bad, the Tech punter almost kicked it into the pressbox. He then brought in the other punter and his first punt was returned for a touchdown! Funny, funny book. Spike said he got really tired of losing to North Texas. I always really liked Spike, especially us beating them. He really mentions the Mean Green alot in that book.

Back to Mack Brown vs Jim Tressel. The home field advantage is huge, but Vince Young will have to pass downfield for Texas to have a chance. The running game for the Longhorns will go nowhere vs the Buckeyes.

THIS is what is going to happen this year..............as much as i hate to say it, but listen up, i am never wrong on these predictions.

- USC goes undefeated in their hell hole conference, retains #1 all season.

- Texas squeaks one out at the Big House, becomes an early favorite.

- Texas beats OU, with a little help from an Adrian Peterson injury.

- National Title Game...........Texas returns to Pasadena against USC and their home crowd.

- Texas pulls off an upset, Vince Young becomes "Mr. Rose Bowl".

- NT wins 5th straight NO Bowl, all the Denton faithful get wasted on Bourbon Street, and have a hell of a lot better time than ANY Longhorn has ever dreamt of.

THIS is what is going to happen this year..............as much as i hate to say it, but listen up, i am never wrong on these predictions.

- USC goes undefeated in their hell hole conference, retains #1 all season.

- Texas squeaks one out at the Big House, becomes an early favorite.

- Texas beats OU, with a little help from an Adrian Peterson injury.

- National Title Game...........Texas returns to Pasadena against USC and their home crowd.

- Texas pulls off an upset, Vince Young becomes "Mr. Rose Bowl".

- NT wins 5th straight NO Bowl, all the Denton faithful get wasted on Bourbon Street, and have a hell of a lot better time than ANY Longhorn has ever dreamt of.

No No No, a UT will be in the Rose Bowl -- but it's not going to be Texas. It will be the REAL one, the UT that draws 100k+ and plays in a well-balanced conference with real traditions and rivalries. The on that beat aTm 38-7 with a 3rd choice QBUT is my darkhorse favorite to get to the Rose Bowl -- they are STACKED this year.

If Texas beats Ohio State, they may be able to run the table -- a UT vs. UT match-up would be awesome ... and I'd love having no Pac-10 trash in the MNC game, esp. with it being in their backyard.

I think someone sneaks up on USC this year -- look for someone unexpected, like ND or Stanford or Washington. Some team USC has gotten cocky about playing...

It's a different kind of crooked. SMU wasn't in trouble for criminal players, or for hiring help to do their schoolwork. They were just flat-out paying them to come here, buying them cars, houses, etc. Indeed, a crooked way to run a program ... but I think cheating on someone's education is about on-par. If it were UNT that committed these crimes, the NCAA would love to flex its muscles again -- but they'd never do that to a program like tOSU.

Case in point, Bama should've gotten the DP ... never happened. Same with A&M and OU. But look at how quick they are to jump on schools like Texas State & Florida A&M ... the NCAA is a joke.

uhhhh yeaaaa i'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that. yeaaaa.

sorry

no way tenn. can contend as long as erik ainge is takign snaps, whether he is starting or splitting time, if he is on the field, they will go NOWHERE! i can't stand him or pansy ass danny.

The NCAA is far from perfect but it does keep in control somewhat... Things would be a lot worse if they did nothing.

---A&M under Sherrill was a rather rotten program (same era as SMU problems) but I think Slocum later tried to run a clean program. That deal in the mid 90's was no fault of the university of the coaches but was an over-zealous alum providing some jobs for little or no work. Switzer at OU was a problem child also and his many of his athletes were near criminal types. The SMU death penalty resulted after repeated warnings and even assurances by SMU alum and Gov. Clements tht things were being cleaned up..... They weren't. I think the penality got a lot of other programs attention and they have straightened up a lot since then.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/page2/s/list/lies.html

for more details.

I agree 100%... would love to see the UT's play to see who is the REAL UT... whether its the cotton bowl or the MNC

And as far as USC is concerned, they better watch themselves with ASU this year and ND...

I would love nothing more than to see A&M or TT kick the crap out of them in the holiday bowl... or an OU USC rematch in the holiday bowl would be fun as well

I think Ariz. State will be solid, but I think USC expects that. They were good (ASU) last year and got swamped by USC. Stanford, though, nearly beat USC ... then Auburn could've embarassed OU.

And Tennessee is the real UT, just b/c it was established first... biggrin.gif

How about USC going 2-9 and OU going 0-11? And no Pac-10 teams qualifying for bowls except Washington and Stanford? Oh wait ... I need to wake up.

arkansas could go to cali and beat usc, you never know.  they pulled it off in austin a couple of years ago, and they have none other than casey dick, allen high school alumni.

Holy hell, I forgot about that game. I am going to be one helluva Hogs fan on that day...

A middle-of-the-pack SEC team whoopin' up on the mighty Pac-10 would be awesome. Now if y'all could just schedule some Big East teams and beat them, we could prove that the BCS is a joke and we need a 16-team playoff or to go back to how the Bowls used to be.