Pathetic Game tonight

SUMG

Down 19-1 at the start of the game. Does JJ know how to get a team ready to start a game? It doesn't seem like it.

Tons of turnovers. 4 of our first 5 possessions we had turnovers.

This is a team that isn't going anywhere right now.

Final: MT 79 UNT 64

And trust me on this....it wasn't as close as the final score indicates.

Edited by SUMG

I wasn't able to listen either..but the box score does appear to tell the tale.  Did the team just look uninspired?

It was an away game, so I can't tell how they looked.

But listening to it....it sure seemed like they were uninspired. I mean, when you have turnovers on 4 of your first 5 possessions........doesn't seem to me like the kids' heads are in the game. Does it to you?

We didn't get a field goal until the 11:20 mark of the first half.

Once we got down 19-1.....we did make a run and brought it back to 19-12......but then they went on another run.......and they toyed with us the rest of the game (lead anywhere from 13-20 or so).

Down 19-1 at the start of the game. Does JJ know how to get a team ready to start a game?

Have you been to the last 4 or so home games? We jump on top of teams and then fall behind around the end of the first half, only to stick around until the last 2 1/2 minutes.

But from what you're saying, sounds like its the opposite problem for away games.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Just got back from the trip to Mboro/Nashville. The game was agonizing. They have a 'tradition' at MTSU of standing until the opponent scores its first points (or point in our case). Well they were getting tired of standing.

Apparently they don't get many visiting fans for basketball. I can tell you they are really feeling the football losses to NT and they throughly enjoyed the basketball game. Their team played aggressive defense, made shots, and had more of a strategy on offense.

The Murphy Center needs to be replaced or seriously renovated. Strangest college basketball facility I have seen. It is open on top with a track around it with the pit just dropping out of it. There are some expandable bleacher boxes around the pit but they don't go all the way to the roof. The outside is all glass. Would be interesting to see what a daytime game is like in there if they can even do that.

In addition to the regular 'Lightning' blue pegasus mascot, there was some guy who looked like a refugee from an Oakland Raider game stalking around, who my daughter referred to as 'Angry Mob'. Fortunately that namesake did not characterize most of the MTSU fans, although we did get a rather nasty lugi on the car. If we come out of Baton Rouge next fall with no worse I will be thankful.

I have been in that Gym, and that is what it reminds me of - my Elementary School Gym. Now maybe it has changed since 2002 but here is how I remember it...

It was right next to the football stadium (which is nice) - It would be as if North Texas built the Athletic Center over at Eagle Point twice as big and then just put a Gym inside of it. There is really no grand entrance for it (from what I could see, but then again we snuck in before a football game)... and you are kind of walking through a hall, and then there is this doorway, not even a particularly large doorway, and that is where you turn in to get on the floor. I can picture a little old lady with a portable table taking tickets in the hall outside the gym. Is that how it was to go to ag me there? Anyways, it was wierd stuff to me. I guess I just never knew how professional the Super Pit was before that visit. I felt like I was at my old Elementary School Gym - it was just kind of pieced together with various stuff. An old scoreboard that had real wood on it. And then those collapsable wooden bleachers were just strange.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

The only scoreboard is the one right in the middle. Nothing to show who has fouls, etc. The place makes the SuperPit look like the new FedEx Forum.

Yes, it is right next to the football stadium. I like the MT stadium. Hopefully they can put some people in it next season.

They should just change the name of that school. 'Middle' just doesn't sound big-time.