ULL 86, NT 79

Coach

I would like to say "great job" to the Pit Crew. The fat woman in a tutu costume that Cerebus posted a picture of was hilarious. What was slightly disturbing was Scrappy's strong attraction to it, and, for lack of a better word, fondling of it. Once agan, the puppets were good and need to stay.

As far as the game, I feel like we need to make strides recruiting to be near the level that ULL is at. We are just not there right now.

I also feel that this team can still make a run, once the shots from Hopkins and others are going in. While our program is not to ULL or WKU's level, this season is far from a mail in.

What were everyone's thoughts about the game?

Am I the only one who becomes more impressed with Isaac Hines every time I see him play?

**Didn't realize I posted this in the stadium/logo board. Oops! ph34r.gif

Edited by Coach

Issac has looked great.

What impressed me last night was the couple of times when people just stood around, he just drove and created something himself.

I thought we played offense well, but ULL just had excellent passing, and they hit thier shots whether anyone was in thier face or not.

What we could have improved on greatly was the defensive glass, they had way too many second chance points, a couple off of air balls.

What we could have improved on greatly was the defensive glass, they had way too many second chance points, a couple off of air balls.

That has been a problem for quite a few games now. We also did not play very well defensively as a team. Simpson single handedly made some defensive stops, but that was about the only bright spot on defense. ULL was getting into the middle of or 2-3 zone like it was nothing, and that is not something that is supposed to happen.

I would like to say "great job" to the Pit Crew.  The fat woman in a tutu costume that Cerebus posted a picture of was hilarious.  What was slightly disturbing was Scrappy's strong attraction to it, and, for lack of a better word, fondling of it.  Once agan, the puppets were good and need to stay.

As far as the game, I feel like we need to make strides recruiting to be near the level that ULL is at.  We are just not there right now.

I also feel that this team can still make a run, once the shots from Hopkins and others are going in.  While our program is not to ULL or WKU's level, this season is far from a mail in.

What were everyone's thoughts about the game?

Am I the only one who becomes more impressed with Isaac Hines every time I see him play?

**Didn't realize I posted this in the stadium/logo board.  Oops!  ph34r.gif

What makes you think Hopkins shots are going to start going in. He's shooting 36% for the season 25% from 3.

Meanwhile, our entire offense flows through him, and he can't really hit a shot.

they are blocking out facing the rim, expecting the ball to come off toward them

I didn't see much of that blocking out you are talking about. The last three home games, we have allowed the opposition to snag all the big rebounds, many allowing a second or third shot.

What makes you think Hopkins shots are going to start going in.

There is no doubt that he has not been shooting well. It's been terrible. But, going of what he has shown in previous seasons and earlier in this one, I believe he is a good shooter in a very bad slump. He is more of a pure scorer type than a pure shooter, but he has shown the ability to be a threat from outside the arc. That is no longer the case. 0-6 from three and 2-14 from FG from Hopkins will not allow this team to win, even with the 10-10 FT.

Edited by Coach

ULL is the best team in the league right now.....Denver a close second.

The Cajuns don't really have a weakness.......all of their players can fill it up when needed. They killed us on the boards and were to quick. Their defense was impresive...they were daring us to shoot 3's all night! They are by far the most athletic team in the conference.

Having said that we held our own for being the weaker team but we still have some issues:

Shooting - "Stru-gg-ling" You would think this has to turn around soon.

Rebounding - Not very aggressive

Free Throws - Were better last night

Turnovers - WAY too many last night - difference in the ball game.

This team has to right the ship soon.....it would be embarrasing to not be playing in the conference tournament we are hosting. A lot of home games left and we really need to end this losing streak at the Pit against NMSU.

See you Saturday!

GMG!

Every team in the conf. is going to be in the tournament this year.

As for Hopkins, I really wish he would drive the lane more. He is almost automatic from the FT line, and he is also good at scoring on the drive. When you are as good as he is at driving the lane, you will either score or get fouled most of the time, and that is what he needs to be doing since his shot from outside is not falling. If he makes a couple of layups and knocks down some FTs early in a game, then that will help his outside shot a lot in that he will be more confident in his shot and his defender will have to give him more room.