Whew!!

IslandEagle

Barnett had his best game ever in green tonight, and he did all his damage in the second half after starting it horribly with 3 quick fouls. That shows a lot of character.

Watson was unreal. In the first several minutes of the game he was outscoring all of UTPA, and his big three pointer in the end was probably the biggest play of the game, it took the lead back out to 5 I believe and stopped the momentum UTPA had built. This was especially important because Hopkins was in foul trouble.

As CMJ said, you hate to see a big lead blown, but we got the win in the end anyway, and this may serve as a good lesson to help prevent that from happening again. SUMG mentioned on another thread that UTPA had won 10 straight home games, so it is good to knock off a hot shooting team that plays well at home like that.

We have a winning record, and it will stay like that for the rest of the year.

UT-Pan Am probably won't be on national TV any time soon but they aren't exactly dog food either.

They are a division I independent that starts 5 seniors. Last season they dhad wins over NCAA tournament team Air Force, Baylor in Waco, Lamar, UT-San Antonio and Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

UT-Pan Am probably won't be on national TV any time soon but they aren't exactly dog food either.

They are a division I independent that starts 5 seniors. Last season they dhad wins over NCAA tournament team Air Force, Baylor in Waco, Lamar, UT-San Antonio and Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

And they've got some tall timber in their front line at 7' & 6'11".

My thoughts exactly....Soft schedule with Alabama (18th in the Nation) Texas (Somewhere up there...sorry) TCU (tough team...shoulda won) and even UNCW can be considered a tough one....there isn't much "softness" about it....

Yeah UTPA isn't a "top tier" team...but going in an beating them on there home court...where they hadn't lost in 10 games and were something like 15 of the last 18 game winners at home is impressive....that team beat a ranked air force last year if i remember exactly what was said correctly.... Not to mention now after that game last night....they have won 15 of 19 or whatever at home....but TWO of the loses have been handed to them by our very own MEAN GREEN