Smack Talker respect

Argue ? The idiot GreenEagle87 warned me not to insult the users of this board. So I just refocused the post at who m it was intended. Don't make me go back and include all UNT Grads. My guess is that your just a street alumni and have never set foot in a UNT classroom though. But since I cant be sure, I'll let it slide this time. Now go back to remedial grammar 101 and learn to spell. That FONICS course you been taking to bring up your GPA to get accepted at UNT is messing up your spelling.

Please, enlighten me on my incorrect spelling, Boy Wonder.

Just to throw my two cents in on the directional school thing...

The word "directional school" came about because many states developed colleges in particular areas of their states to cater to those populations -- the directional schools focused on workforce development with emphasis developed for the industries in particular regions, along with traditional educational curriculum. The directional schools in Michigan are a good example.

True "directional schools" began their lives with directional names, indicating the region of the state they were established to serve.

True "directional schools" are also public, state-funded Universities. In fact, many of them were developed after WWII.

Southern Miss, despite its name, does not fit into the "directional school" mold. We were developed after the turn of the century as a "normal college" -- a college to train the state's teachers. As time went on and the University's name changed several times, the name "University of Southern Mississippi" was eventually adopted, due in large part to the economic boom that was occuring in the South part of the state at that time, and also due to the fact that the school was changing its status from a college to that of a major comprehensive university.

The name "South Mississippi" was gaining prominence through a wide range of economic development and marketing programs -- South Mississippi leaders were attracting new industries to the South part of the state, and marketing the region as it's own entity, seperate in many respects from the Delta or the north part of the state.

Unlike other states, Mississippi is, for all intents and purposes, recongized as having two regions -- North Mississippi and South Mississippi. Each region has a slightly different culture and characteristics. North Mississippi is very much embodied by the "old south" image and the delta culture, whereas South Mississippi has more in common with the Gulf Coast and New Orleans cultures.

Seeking to play on South Mississippi's newfound popularity, the the name of our University was changed to "The University of Southern Mississippi" in the 1970's.

Unlike true directional schools, though, the name was not changed to indicate that the University was established to focus on the needs of our region. In Mississippi, the Junior Colleges handle all the regional specialized educational needs, such as technical and workforce development training.

Also in Mississippi, educational programs and focuses are divided among the three big state Universities, so that each has areas of specialty, along with general educational curriculum. Mississippi State, for example, contains all the agricultural and engineering programs. Ole Miss has law and medical, and Southern Miss focuses on liberal arts, education, polymer sciences, and marine sciences at our Gulf Coast campus.

So when you call Southern Miss a "directional school", you are actually not correct, if, in fact, you're speaking from the standpoint of what a traditional "directional school" is. The only thing directional about us is the "Southern" in our name.

Edited by Catfish Eagle

Southern Miss, despite its name, does not fit into the "directional school" mold.  We were developed after the turn of the century as a "normal college" -- a college to train the state's teachers.  As time went on and the University's name changed several times, the name "University of Southern Mississippi" was eventually adopted, due in large part to the economic boom that was occuring in the South part of the state at that time, and also due to the fact that the school was changing its status from a college to that of a major comprehensive university.

Change "Southern Mississippi" to "North Texas", and "South" to "North" in that paragraph and you have the history of UNT.

Change "Southern Mississippi" to "North Texas", and "South" to "North" in that paragraph and you have the history of UNT.

Absolutly e-bone. But you don't hear us going around crying that we aren't a directional school.

This is some funny stuff.

Absolutly e-bone. But you don't hear us going around crying that we aren't a directional school.

This is some funny stuff.

Oops, not the exact history. We developed before the turn of the century.

Mr. Livingstoned questions the spelling ability of our posters yet he repeatedly refers to some place called Louisianna. There IS a state directly west of your tiny little directional school which is known as Louisiana. I guess they have not yet advanced beyond reading, writing, and arithmetic at that little outpost in Southern Mississippi. Don't get lost on your way to New Orleans! It's in Louisiana.

Mr. Livingstoned questions the spelling ability of our posters yet he repeatedly refers to some place called Louisianna. There IS a state directly west of your tiny little directional school which is known as Louisiana. I guess they have not yet advanced beyond reading, writing, and arithmetic at that little outpost in Southern Mississippi. Don't get lost on your way to New Orleans! It's in Louisiana.

Wow, you got me! What smack you dish out. You caught a spelling error! Does this mean Southern Miss will lose to Northern Tex in the Nawlins' bowl in umm.. that state...the one next to the vast and empty landscape littered with cow droppings..how ya spell it... TexASS ? Are ya'll still hitching folks to the back of pick up trucks with chains and dragging em down the road till they are decapitated ? Don't even think about putting our state down! Mr risinggreen. You really should give up that crack, it will make you crazy. ohmy.gif

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Don't even think about putting our state down!

Oh man! You have apparently triggered the complex that gives rise to many Mississippians not being able to refer to their state without the preceding phrase "The Great State of ..." to bolster themselves.

the one next to the vast and empty landscape littered with cow droppings..how ya spell it... TexASS ? Are ya'll still hitching folks to the back of pick up trucks with chains and dragging em down the road till they are decapitated ?

Was that really necessary?

What did you accomplish out of that?

You insulted a football-state that has has the most div1a prospects ten years running, and as for a empty space with cows...please if you're from mississipi, and you're calling texas a hick' state, then you sir are no better than a yankee

You sure you couldnt have just came on our board, put a prediction, talked friendly to the other fans, instead of talking a bunch of trash BEFORE the game?

Listen, dude, if you're going to insult texas, and you're from mississipi, please don't let it be a hick state joke, because face it, both of our states are stereotyped like that, no reason to single out one.

I'm trying to defend you, the comment about the hate crime that occured a few years back was unneccesary. Show some respect. Like you said in an earlier post, "football's just a game"

There are racist people everywhere, there are hate crimes commited everyday, so DON'T insult Texas as a state because you are mad about a post someone made on a college fooball board.

the decapitation joke was unnnessecary, and disheartning.

NOT cool, not cool at all dude.

There are racist people everywhere, there are hate crimes commited everyday, so DON'T insult Texas as a state because you are mad about a post someone made on a college fooball board.

NOT cool, not cool at all dude.

Aren't you 14 ? You should be in bed. I bet you have the run of the internet ? BTW I am not a dude, those are cowboys in your fair state, and inthe White House. Now go to bed youngun.

mellow.gif

Gee, that was so funny I forgot to laugh, you had no decent comeback so you told me to go to sleep, great

I think you're just angry because you're the one acting like a teenager and I am the one acting like an adult,

I have not once insulted you, I have told you where you were wrong in the friendliest way possible, yet you called me an idiot, and a "youngun".

There's your problem, you seem to have turned the entire board against you with your stupid commments, why would you come onto another teams board and post this?

You're stupid(thats right, I will stoop to this low a level and insult you)

besides, what are you doing at 12:17 at night, on the opposing teams fan board?

Why dont you post on your own board?

I am trying not to get angry and insult you, and your state with a stereotype, but you constantly get on the defense and type insults back.

Since youve been here, youve done nothing but turn the board against you, you sir, are an asshole

Now YOU need to go to bed.

You just got served *wipes dirt off of shoulder*laugh.gif

Someone close this topic! Please

Edited by Greeneagle87

Gee, that was so funny I forgot to laugh, you had no decent comeback so you told me to go to sleep, great

You're stupid(thats right, I will stoop to this low a level and insult you)

besides, what are you doing at 12:17 at night, on the opposing teams fan board?

Why dont you post on your own board?

Since youve been here, youve done nothing but turn the board against you, you sir, are an asshole

Now YOU need to go to bed.

You just got served *wipes dirt off of shoulder*laugh.gif

Someone close this topic! Please

Whoa! Imagine that! Being smacked by a 14 year old. I'm stupid ? You don't know how that hurts me coming from a 14 year old. I'm a grownup and can stay up till 12:17. You are a little boy and your parents should be admonished for allowing you to be up this late, on the internet no less. Gasp! You called me a dirty name! Does your Mom know you have a dirty mouth ? She should wash it out with soap and water. I am a grownup..remember ? I go to bed when I want. Now you should really go to bed. Your formative years are going to haunt you if you don't behave. Off with you youngun! Go to your room!

cool.gif

And he pulls out the big guns.

Hey bonehead! Ever pick one sentence out of an essay! Man you got me! You guys are tough over here. I hope Thomas is as tuff as you say, cause hes going to be meeting Mr Boley an awful lot next Tuesday. BTW..I expect UNT to open with a long bomb attempt to catch us off guard. We will keep an eye on your RB. hes going to NEED a 300 yard day for you to win. Good Luck!

cool.gif

I'm glad some of you from UNT caught the humor in my post.  Clearly your street alumni didn't.  Some of you need to Lighten up..just a bit. I'm glad you picked up on West Virginia reference (Eagle91Gator95 is that how much you lost to Florida in BB ?) , which is really in the East, and South Carolina which is actually considered by us to be in the North(if it snows in winter, it's in the north). I thought I could pull a fast one on you, but clearly they have a good geography curriculum at Northern Tex (not bad sounding..but still not classy like Southern Miss) and they are as directional as any school with North/South/East/West in their name.

Wow. Where to start......

Seagull, for future reference, claiming "I meant to do that" when your mistakes are pointed out does not make you sound cool. Ever.

This might be a tough concept for you to grasp, but my name refers to the schools and the years that I actually GRADUATED from institutions of higher learning. I will understand if that one is a bit tough to comprehend. After all, you are in the middle of an intellectual knock-down drag-out with a 14-year old.

And as for all that directional drivel, I'm afraid your sentence structure precludes me from even coming close to understanding what you are trying to say. But please, keep trying, we are really enjoying your endless explanations of why your directional school isn't a directional school. Your tirade has managed to work its way from baffling to sad and has finally settled into the realm of entertainment.

Oh, and by the way, this board normally has a policy prohibiting personal name-calling, but if you feel the need to call me names then fire away. We'll just keep having a good time considering the source! blink.gif

Wow. Where to start......

Seagull, for future reference, claiming "I meant to do that" when your mistakes are pointed out does not make you sound cool. Ever.

This might be a tough concept for you to grasp, but my name refers to the schools and the years that I actually GRADUATED from institutions of higher learning. I will understand if that one is a bit tough to comprehend. After all, you are in the middle of an intellectual knock-down drag-out with a 14-year old.

And as for all that directional drivel, I'm afraid your sentence structure precludes me from even coming close to understanding what you are trying to say. But please, keep trying, we are really enjoying your endless explanations of why your directional school isn't a directional school. Your tirade has managed to work its way from baffling to sad and has finally settled into the realm of entertainment.

Oh, and by the way, this board normally has a policy prohibiting personal name-calling, but if you feel the need to call me names then fire away. We'll just keep having a good time considering the source! blink.gif

Now I can tell you got the red a$$ when I see the warning at the bottom of your post. For someone with a graduate degre, you aren't very intimidating. I graduated from "Southern" Miss in 1985 with a BS in computer Science and a minor in mathematics. I am currently working on my MBA just so you will know. Now, the directional drivel was intended as fun. I can tell you are like really upset. Was it the split personality remark I made about you earlier after your psuedo SAT question, that makes your butt wanna suck a lemon? You should never have gotten off your medicine I am truly happy if you found amusement in my directional school drivel. I actually made all that up just to entertain you guys. I can't ever remember being called a "directional school" and if we were, as mentioned earlier, USC (and thats not South Carolina) is a source of solace for such a mean spirited hurtful remark. I am not surprised you cannot understand perfectly well formed and clear sentences. Must be the dual personality problem. Someone needs to look out for the children that are permitted on your board unsupervised. As a good citizen, I tried to get him to go to bed unlike any of your UNT compatriots. Sorry I hurt your feelings here 91-95 (Can I refer to you that way for short ? I think it hits about within your IQ range.) Now WHY the cowbell ? Got a degree in Agriculture ? You would do well on the Miss Stake University (Mississippi State) board AKA the leghumpers. Now go away, I actually have to go into work, and please...next time try HARDER with your smack talk..you are really lame. (You know the House Divided saying dont you ? you know... as in "can't stand'). And why aren't you looking after the kids on the board. I was the only one trying to get him to bed. You can't set me up.. not the BOTH of you's. Whats it like when you transition from one personality to the other ?

Now I can tell you got the red a$$ when I see the warning at the bottom of your post.  For someone with a graduate degre, you aren't very intimidating.  I graduated from "Southern" Miss in 1985 with a BS in computer Science and a minor in mathematics.  I am currently working on my MBA just so you will know. Now, the directional drivel was intended as fun. I can tell you are like really upset. Was it the split personality remark I made about you earlier after your psuedo SAT question, that makes your butt wanna suck a lemon? You should never have gotten off your medicine  I am truly happy if you found amusement in my directional school drivel.  I actually made all that up just to entertain you guys.   I can't ever remember being called a "directional school" and if we were, as mentioned earlier, USC (and thats not South Carolina) is a source of solace for such a mean spirited hurtful remark.  I am not surprised you cannot understand perfectly well formed and clear sentences.  Must be the dual personality problem.  Someone needs to look out for the children that are permitted on your board unsupervised.  As a good citizen, I tried to get him to go to bed unlike any of your UNT compatriots.  Sorry I hurt your feelings here 91-95 (Can I refer to you that way for short ?  I think it hits about within your IQ range.)  Now WHY the cowbell ? Got a degree in Agriculture ? You would do well on the Miss Stake University (Mississippi State) board AKA the leghumpers.  Now go away, I actually have to go into work, and please...next time try HARDER with your smack talk..you are really lame. (You know the House Divided saying dont you ? you know... as in "can't stand').  And why aren't you looking after the kids on the board. I was the only one trying to get him to bed.  You can't set me up.. not the BOTH of you's. Whats it like when you transition from one personality to the other ?

OK, let's take this one piece at a time. . .

Apparently you think I "got the red a$$?" and your 'biting sarcasm' has made my "butt wanna suck a lemon" huh.gif I guess that means you think I was angry? Wrong. You think you have hurt my feelings?!? Hardly. As I said, I was amused with your weak attempts at talking smack while boosting your own ego. And that bit at the end wasn't a warning, it was an announcement to you and the moderators of this board that I don't have a problem with you calling me whatever you want. I don't want you booted off the board, what would I laugh at if you were?

Computer science and mathmatics, eh? That explains the lack of social skills. Are you sure there wasn't a double minor in backwoods country vernacular?

FYI: Saying "I was just kidding" when your directional dribble flops miserably doesn't make you look and cooler than when you say "I meant to do that" when you include West Virginia in your list of directional schools. You can't remember being called a directional school? Yeah, right. No reason for that to be a sore spot after such a "mean spirited hurtful remark." <_<

As for the rest of your ramblings about my "split personality," you seem awfully attached to that idea, I wonder why that is?

Are ya'll still hitching folks to the back of pick up trucks with chains and dragging em down the road till they are decapitated ?

Football is one thing. That you would use that tragedy for ammunition for a discussion involving football is disgusting. You should really ask yourself if your heart and head is in the right place.

It is sad when an ostensibly grown [woman?] has to be taught a lesson in morals someone at least a decade [her?] junior.

If you're the churchgoing type, I'd suggest that you sit down and talk this one over with your pastor.