Kansas to the SEC?

1 hour ago, SMU2006 said:

no but I could see the Big 10 "maybe".

I agree. Stanford, Kansas, and Notre Dame could all wind up in the Big 10, while Virginia and North Carolina should get to choose between Big 10 and SEC membership.

For what it's worth, (sorry Buffalo), Missouri could also leave the SEC for the Big 10.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2024 at 4:54 PM, ADLER said:

I agree. Stanford, Kansas, and Notre Dame could all wind up in the Big 10, while Virginia and North Carolina should get to choose between Big 10 and SEC membership.

For what it's worth, (sorry Buffalo), Missouri could also leave the SEC for the Big 10.

No school is going to willingly leave the SEC.  I think the far more likely scenario is schools like Rutgers, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern will be "kicked down" to the ACC while FSU/Clemson go to the Big 10/SEC at some point in the 2030's.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:12 PM, ADLER said:

Would it be possible?

They have just built a new half billion dollar stadium and are supposedly courting the SEC's attention.

University of Kansas unveils plans for new football stadium

I'd hate to be responsible for changing the light bulbs!  Back on topic, I thought Kansas to the B1G was the talk of the town a couple years ago.

On 5/13/2024 at 4:54 PM, ADLER said:

Missouri could also leave the SEC for the Big 10.

When Mizzou was first indicating they were leaving the B12, it was under the belief that they would get a Big 10 invite along with Nebraska.  The Big 10 told them no.

It's been a few years, but I imagine Mizzou still feels a little jilted about that situation.  And I don't know that enough has changed for the Big 10 to consider Mizzou now when they told them no previously.

14 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

When Mizzou was first indicating they were leaving the B12, it was under the belief that they would get a Big 10 invite along with Nebraska.  The Big 10 told them no.

It's been a few years, but I imagine Mizzou still feels a little jilted about that situation.  And I don't know that enough has changed for the Big 10 to consider Mizzou now when they told them no previously.

Since the 1960s Missouri has believed that their "culture" matched better with the Big 10 than with the southern SEC schools and the rural western Big 8 colleges. You are correct, they accepted the SEC invitation as a consolation for not being invited to the Big Ten. It's still their ultimate goal and they'd still dump the SEC in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 2