Just rewatched the first SMU game

This team was at 100% health and ended that game 12-6 (5-1 in conference).   I just can’t help but think this team, if Rubin and CJ never go down and we stay in our normal game to game rhythm, is sitting at maybe 3-4 conference losses right now.  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This team was at 100% health and ended that game 12-6 (5-1 in conference).   I just can’t help but think this team, if Rubin and CJ never go down and we stay in our normal game to game rhythm, is sitting at maybe 3-4 conference losses right now.  

100%

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

And if Walker started the season we pick up another 3-4 out of conference wins. Maybe top 25 team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

I hate to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game, but without injuries and if we could finish the last 5 minutes of games out - there was only three games we never played good enough to win (Mississippi State, Charlotte, @ UAB), and I know we had a 10-point lead early in Tupelo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BigWillie said:

All of that just makes me more excited about this tournament and even next year. Imagine if we can hold onto JE and add another similar to him. This team could see a ranking I think.

I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this, but instead of targeting a bunch of P5 role players/non-scorers in the portal (Allen, though I've loved his play, Walker, Noland, etc.) why don't we look for a couple more of the kids who are used to scoring 15-20ppg at the lower DII, DIII, NJCAA, NAIA levels, like TP and Edwards?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guys we brought in, but besides Edwards, none of them were the go-to guys for their previous teams, and too often this year Jason had been virtually all of our offense.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this, but instead of targeting a bunch of P5 role players/non-scorers in the portal (Allen, though I've loved his play, Walker, Noland, etc.) why don't we look for a couple more of the kids who are used to scoring 15-20ppg at the lower DII, DIII, NJCAA, NAIA levels, like TP and Edwards?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guys we brought in, but besides Edwards, none of them were the go-to guys for their previous teams, and too often this year Jason had been virtually all of our offense.

I would bring in ONE of the type of player you  describe.  Noland, Walker, and Allen do all of the things that are forgotten while guys like Edwards are scoring…the hard nosed defense and energy in the paint (Allen), the big body post up game from the guard position and ability to bring the ball up court (Noland) and the perimeter defense and rebounding (Walker).    And Noland averages almost 10 (9.9) a game.  

Without those high level role players, you have to hope to outscore people.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Without those high level role players, you have to hope to outscore people.  

With those high level role players, you have to hope to outscore people. In every loss you are outscored. In every win you outscore your opponent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

I think we are the team that can sneak up on anyone.  I prefer the 6 seed to play a team who already played but a 7 seed gets Charlotte with a. W. 

Right now the 7 seed gets FAU.  I'd rather play Charlotte than the Owls.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

pulp fiction check out the big brain on brett GIF

The movie line was “Check out the big brain on Brad”. Brett was his actual name in the movie, but Jules referred to him as Brad in that line (disrespectfully as his name was Brett).A glowing example, not that it was required, of you repeating inaccurate information simply because it “sounded good”.  🐑 Wrong twice in the same thread 🤣🤣

762CDC63-3661-4763-890C-EB82185AD782.gif

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 4