How would you rate the Defensive recruiting?

37 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Unless something breaks today or tomorrow I think most would agree that the overall Talent brought in on defense has been very disappointing through the portal. Hopefully Morris ( and I personally have my doubts as to his commitment is to having a top half of the league defense) and his staff can make the second spring portal a priority to bring in some defensive players. If not,  I would not be surprised next season to see us have great offensive stats but still struggle to win more than six. Despite the potential offensive power we could easily start 1-3.

Man I agree.  Very much like Todd Dodge seemed to always ignore defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Possibly, pending a late announcement, but I still have to put the defensive efforts in the "D" range. As I mentioned elsewhere, hopefully, we will focus on the defensive side in the following portal window.

PS - I'm not going to lie; this lack of focus on adding defensive players is strange, to say the least. I find it hard that Capaoni wanted to add as little as we did. Again, confusing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Possibly, pending a late announcement, but I still have to put the defensive efforts in the "D" range. As I mentioned elsewhere, hopefully, we will focus on the defensive side in the following portal window.

PS - I'm not going to lie; this lack of focus on adding defensive players is strange, to say the least. I find it hard that Capaoni wanted to add as little as we did. Again, confusing. 

I was thinking C+ but honestly I didn't want to seem overly negative about it.  I also think we will be better with a year of Caponi's presence under our belt.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

13 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I was thinking C+ but honestly I didn't want to seem overly negative about it.  I also think we will be better with a year of Caponi's presence under our belt.

I would/will feel better if we get some size up front. If we can't slow them down before they pass the line, it will be another long year. 

• Upvote 1