Another misuse of Pay-for-play aka NIL

El Paso Eagle

It seems they wanted to skip college and get paid originally. This "league," which pays players, also has the option to give them the same money but call it an NIL deal if they prefer. Sorry, but NIL has become so sleazy, and there is so much crap being allowed to happen since everyone is more worried about getting sued. Hard to believe that many schools and players give a damn about college sports. I wish they would split off professionalism from college sports before they completely ruin the college game. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/chicago-state-twin-commits-suing-ncaa-in-federal-court-over-eligibility-dispute

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

8 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

It seems like everything related to the NCAA is destined to be determined by a court of law.  The NCAA seems reluctant to fix these problems, I wonder if they even can?

If they don't then Congress will step in and then it will really get screwed up.

20 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

It seems like everything related to the NCAA is destined to be determined by a court of law.  The NCAA seems reluctant to fix these problems, I wonder if they even can?

I don't think there was a doubt that they needed the rules to change; it seems that everyone is doing something, just to do something without regard for what will happen. The NCAA and schools were threatened with lawsuits and congressional intervention. So instead of actually trying to do something that helped and worked, they go ahead, and we trust you will behave (how else could you put out a program where you cannot enforce rules against tampering and it is clear that the players, in most cases, are being paid to play).

11 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

If they don't then Congress will step in and then it will really get screwed u

I am one who believes that Congress can make a mess out of anything, but I'm not sure they could have made it any worse, but I am sure they would like to try.

• Upvote 1

Let's be real here, if they were going to Kentucky, Duke, UNC or another blue blood, they'd be playing. You want proof? Rob Dillingham played with the Overtime Elite last year and was deemed immediately eligible to play for Kentucky this year. He had 17 points in their first game yesterday.

I hope these twins are cleared and lead Chicago State to the NCAA tournament. They're the only ones being targeted and we all know why.

• Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Let's be real here, if they were going to Kentucky, Duke, UNC or another blue blood, they'd be playing. You want proof? Rob Dillingham played with the Overtime Elite last year and was deemed immediately eligible to play for Kentucky this year. He had 17 points in their first game yesterday.

I hope these twins are cleared and lead Chicago State to the NCAA tournament. They're the only ones being targeted and we all know why.

this guy get's it. 

amateurism is dead...and good riddance. I hope NIL and payment schemes trickle down to the high school level next. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2