Homecoming Uniforms

GMG_Dallas

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Back to NT80”s comment that all NT logos were clip art except the stylized eagle, I was at the unveiling of the current logo and fonts at the Union way back when.  

It was my understanding that we spent lots of money to have those designs made.  I hate to think they aren’t all originals done up for North Texas and only North Texas.  

BM-predicted-in-April-that-Ukraine-might

• Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, ADLER said:

It's cute, but it's generic clip-art, and certainly was never at any time "our logo". Though most commonly used for the Philadelphia Eagles, that same logo was sold to every college, high school, junior high, and elementary that had a bird for a mascot.

Philadelphia Reimagined Alternative Fighting Mascot - Philadelphia Eagles -  Sticker | TeePublic

Vintage College Mascot Logos - Page 12 - Sports Logos ...

Vintage College Mascot Logos - Page 12 - Sports Logos | Mascot design,  Mascot, Sports logo designVintage Eagle Mascot for Emory University - Emory - Sticker | TeePublic

Vintage eagle mascot" Essential T-Shirt for Sale by AsIWonder | Redbubble

Morehead State University Eagles Vintage Logo Mascot" Pin for Sale by  bricelynden | Redbubble

Jefferson City High School Jays Vintage Look Mascot - Missouri - Jefferson  City High School - Magnet | TeePublic

Phillygoat Philadelphia Themed Sweatshirts

Guy posted receipts supporting his opinion and y’all downvote and roll eyes.   I think if people removed positive bias for all things UNT I think most would agree at best it was a good idea but poorly executed.  I would have rather they put that chesty eagle logo on the field and went with an interlocking NT on the helmets.  And changed it up for the last time they used it with green helmets, white NT letters and stripe down the middle.

I am not a stickler for tradition but this tricking up the uniforms needs to be executed better and that is the bottom line.  There are too many great old school uniforms and helmets to roll out a tricked up bad combo. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just look at all the existing historical designs they could have selected for the helmets.  Seems kind of anti-KISS not just not to tweak one the best 3 options in our helmet history

1. SOW

2. Flying Worm

3. Interlocking NT

IMG_1550.jpeg

And if they really want to turn up the NT 

IMG_1551.png

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Guy posted receipts supporting his opinion and y’all downvote and roll eyes.   I think if people removed positive bias for all things UNT I think most would agree at best it was a good idea but poorly executed.  I would have rather they put that chesty eagle logo on the field and went with an interlocking NT on the helmets.  And change up for the last time they used it with green helmets, white NT letters and stripe down the middle.

I am not a stickler for tradition but this tricking up the uniforms needs to be executed better and that is the bottom line.  There are too many great old school uniforms and helmets to roll out a tricked up bad combo. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just look at all the existing historical designs they could have selected for the helmets.  Seems kind of anti-KISS not just not to tweak one the best 3 options in our helmet history

1. SOW

2. Flying Worm

3. Interlocking NT

IMG_1551.png

It's surprising we never had that on a helmet (this was someone's mockup and not real, correct?).

And how is it that every helmet between the lime-green flying worm and the white "throwback" flying worm are the absolute worst ones in our history. I have a little affection for the first one (83?) since it is coincides with my start at NT).  It seems like we could have gotten something decent during this time.  In fact, this would have been a great time to try out the interlocking NT one.

• Upvote 2

The interlocking NT on the helmet was once new. The flying worm helmet was once new. The eagle head on the helmet was once new. The "North Texas" on a helmet was once new. The diving eagle on a helmet was once new. The eagle wings on a helmet was once new.

Why is everybody so afraid of a new helmet? Is it a UNT exclusive true retro? No. Many programs had "generic clip art" logos back then. We're not the first program to use a vintage "clip art" logo on a helmet and we're likely not the last.

See Mizzou 2018 Liberty Bowl.

usa_today_11923440.0.jpg.4e56783becdbef76054d81d6b4e856ab.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

The interlocking NT on the helmet was once new. The flying worm helmet was once new. The eagle head on the helmet was once new. The "North Texas" on a helmet was once new. The diving eagle on a helmet was once new. The eagle wings on a helmet was once new.

Why is everybody so afraid of a new helmet? Is it a UNT exclusive true retro? No. Many programs had "generic clip art" logos back then. We're not the first program to use a vintage "clip art" logo on a helmet and we're likely not the last.

See Mizzou 2018 Liberty Bowl.

usa_today_11923440.0.jpg.4e56783becdbef76054d81d6b4e856ab.jpg

Not afraid of it,  but sitting in row 5 section 105 they just don’t look good.  Not sure they look all that better on TV.   As for other schools I don’t really care, their colors aren’t green and white. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:36 PM, Meangreen Fight said:

Guy posted receipts supporting his opinion and y’all downvote and roll eyes.   I think if people removed positive bias for all things UNT I think most would agree at best it was a good idea but poorly executed.  I would have rather they put that chesty eagle logo on the field and went with an interlocking NT on the helmets.  And changed it up for the last time they used it with green helmets, white NT letters and stripe down the middle.

1. SOW

2. Flying Worm

3. Interlocking NT

IMG_1550.jpeg

IMG_1551.png

Top row, fourth from left.