How is everyone staying cool?

emmitt01

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Hey, I’d rather drink in comfort and show up to the game refreshed than sweat my ass off in the blazing Sun. Plus, it helps keep the ladies happy. 

So, instead of tailgating you are bar hopping and then attending the game, OR watching from some bar on the square?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meangreenfaninno said:

I would like to take a look at it as well.  Will they be offering single game tickets?  I wouldn’t mind sitting up there during the hot games.

No, they do not. 

Too many folks would get salty about letting people up Ad Hoc when the Ticket Office made all of us pay for PSL-esque mandatory "donations" just for the right to buy each season's tickets.

You can find people selling them occasionally on StubHub.  I've missed two games in the six or so years I've had the Club Tix.  One sold for face value (the UTSA game where it was pouring rain in Nov) and the other did not sell at all, even at a slightly discounted rate prior to game time.  

The cheapest face value of the outer sections is $125 a tix.  With the free sodas and meals its actually a decent value... not to mention air conditioning and tv's showing other games.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2023 at 2:10 PM, emmitt01 said:

I know (or hope) that everyone will be drinking lots of water to go with your other beverages.  What else is everyone doing to make tailgating bearable?  

I am considering some of the bucket top misting fans, but don’t know enough about them to drop several hundred dollars if they won’t be an all-day solution.  

I am not sure of the brand but Victor has some bucket top water mist systems he brings to tailgate. They seem to do a pretty good job. 

• Upvote 1