North Texas Week 1 Depth Chart

TheReal_jayD

16 minutes ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Is Sifa Leota still on the team?  Shocked not to see him on the depth chart.  Is he injured?

I thought I heard recently that he was either injured or working his way back from injury. that may be why. others more around the program will have better insight. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Is Sifa Leota still on the team?  Shocked not to see him on the depth chart.  Is he injured?

Don't confuse the game day depth chart for the roster.  Injured and redshirting players generally do not appear on the game day list.  And players not on the game day 2-deep list do indeed play in that game.

8 hours ago, outoftown said:

I am all for listing actual weights and heights. Keeps the poachers doubting come transfer portal time. Folks will go: he looks like he can play... but at 5-11 can he really translate to the SEC/Big12? They might still pull the trigger on the really great ones. But it might work every once in a while. Heck, I might even consider taking off an inch and 5 pounds on everyone. Also: much funnier to beat a team when they are supposedly 5 inches taller on average.

Once they reach their senior year, you adjust the heights and weights, to an inch above reality, so potential NFLers don't get shafted.

I would totally sandbag measurements for that reason (poaching).  Also, maybe opponents will underestimate you.  As for the NFL, they do their own measurements during combines and pro days.

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Herein lies the problem. If dumb armchair quarterbacks can see, everyone can see

Herein lies the problem.  Making statements that our run D will be poor before any of us even see them play one down of football.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Herein lies the problem.  Making statements that our run D will be poor before any of us even see them play one down of football.

Air Raid offenses get tons of passing yards
The Wishbone gets tons of rushing yards
Undersized 3-man fronts usually struggle against the run.

none of those statements strike me as a big reach.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:44 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Herein lies the problem. If dumb armchair quarterbacks can see, everyone can see

It does look that way but I imagine that there will be variations in the formations and coverage to cover the runs.  Just changing angles and maybe linebackers will do some rushing.  They'll get away with a few but I believe that most runs will be covered.  If it was vulnerable to the run often, it wouldn't have been successful for Iowa State.