ACC meeting today canceled

Reddit CFB summed it up.

Problem for ACC is if they admit Stanford and Cal, Florida State might get mad and leave.

If they don't admit Stanford and Cal, Florida State might get mad and leave.

Honestly if I'm an ACC president, Florida State's BS would be convince me to vote for Stanford and Cal as protection from the erratic leadership there. It doesn't seem clear if the president runs the school with consent from the board or the board runs the school and the president signs whatever is needed.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Reddit CFB summed it up.

Problem for ACC is if they admit Stanford and Cal, Florida State might get mad and leave.

Honestly if I'm an ACC president, Florida State's BS would be convince me to vote for Stanford and Cal as protection from the erratic leadership there. It doesn't seem clear if the president runs the school with consent from the board or the board runs the school and the president signs whatever is needed.

I totally agree with what you said.  But...if Florida State leaves alone, I'm not sure that the Big 10 cares unless Clemson leaves with them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Reddit CFB summed it up.

FSU still hasn't found the loophole they need to leave the ACC.  But some State AGs were threatening to sue the ACC on their school's behalf also.  I predict it all gets dragged into court sooner rather than later.

Admitting Stanford and Cal might help with possible losses of some ACC programs down the road.  Also thought Stanford taking reduced or none of the additional revenue might be shifted to FSU to appease them.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1