Weather on Sept. 2nd

Hunter Green

On 8/21/2023 at 5:50 PM, GMG_Dallas said:

In 2021, TCU played host to Cal on September 11th with a 2:30 kick-off time and a listed high of 90 degrees. Recorded attendance was 38,631. Amon G Carter has a listed capacity of 50,000. College football attendance is down nationwide. It's hot and there's many ways to watch. 

At least half of America was paralyzed by something specific happening in the world in 2021.  Attendance for the 2020 and 2021 seasons will be full of anomalies.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 1:46 PM, SilverEagle said:

I have one of these.  They're great but probably will not make it through the whole game + tailgating if you're planning for that.  It always seems to die around 4 hours on the medium setting.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

At least half of America was paralyzed by something specific happening in the world in 2021.  Attendance for the 2020 and 2021 seasons will be full of anomalies.

2019 TCU home opener was 40k, a good 20% below max capacity. 

Not here to make excuses for our attendance, just pointing most of college football has seen decreases the past 10 years. Many would rather stay home and watch games all day, including theirs, with friends, good food, and cheap drinks.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They think the high 80’s is a heat wave out there. 

They will be mighty surprised by what the Temps for many of the fall ACC games will be.  I hope they don't get Miami or Florida State early in the season.  

And I love all the caring for the student-athletes on their forum.  They care so much they're going to join a conference where their closest out-of-state conference mate will be in Dallas, and their next closest will be 3 time zones away on the east coast.  WON'T THEY THINK OF THE KIDS 😩... crocodile tears. 🙄

On 8/29/2023 at 11:33 PM, NT80 said:

Cal Bear fans bemoaning the Heat ☀️🔥 predicted for our game...

https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/116030

They told me in 2019 to watch out for Antifa so I told them to watch out for the "God, Guns, and Trump" people in Denton. Apparently some of them were offended lol.

• Haha 4

wunderground.com: 95 at 3 pm, 96 at 4 and 5, 95 at 6. 

I remember how Texxas Jam never cancelled because of hot weather. In fact, they intentionally staged the concerts in June, July or August for 10 straight years in the 70's and 80's. Very unpredictable holding a concert in the Cotton Bowl in the summer months in Texas. You never know what the weather will be like.

Somehow, both fans and bands made it through.

GMG

• Upvote 3