BigFogg Stadium Misters Might Help Fans For DATCU Stadium Debut Game of the PAC12’s CAL Bears vs the UNT Mean Green

Last time UNT played a home season opener in sweltering heat was against the Baylor Bears.
 Pregame at the Fouts Field parking lot that day was 105 degrees.  (The Mean Green bested the Big 12 Baylor Bears as I recall & before the expected huge crowd that day). 

So here’s one possibility to cool off the crowd for a 3:00 pm kick in a few weeks.  

https://bigfogg.com/stadium-seats-cooling-misting-system/

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to BigFogg Stadium Misters Might Help All Fans For DATCU Stadium Debut Game of CAL-Berkeley Bears of the PAC12 vs the AAC’s UNT Mean Green
  • PlummMeanGreen changed the title to BigFogg Stadium Misters Might Help Fans For DATCU Stadium Debut Game of the PAC12’s CAL Bears vs the UNT Mean Green
On 8/2/2023 at 3:07 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Last time UNT played a home season opener in sweltering heat was against the Baylor Bears.
 Pregame at the Fouts Field parking lot that day was 105 degrees.  (The Mean Green bested the Big 12 Baylor Bears as I recall & before the expected huge crowd that day). 

So here’s one possibility to cool off the crowd for a 3:00 pm kick in a few weeks.  

https://bigfogg.com/stadium-seats-cooling-misting-system/

GMG!

September 6, 2014 home opener against SMU. 

11am kickoff. Was right at 100º at kickoff and probably 105 by the end of half-time.

It was so hot that it melted something inside and killed one of my cameras while it was sitting on the turf in the end zone in front of @golfingomez

We beat the ponies 43-6 and June Jones resigned two days later because of it, so it was the best day ever. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, TheWestie said:

September 6, 2014 home opener against SMU. 

11am kickoff. Was right at 100º at kickoff and probably 105 by the end of half-time.

It was so hot that it melted something inside and killed one of my cameras while it was sitting on the turf in the end zone in front of @golfingomez

We beat the ponies 43-6 and June Jones resigned two days later because of it, so it was the best day ever. 

Good times! I miss the glamour shots I would get in the stands.

• Upvote 1