UTSA WR Cephus Charged with DWI

GMG_Dallas

We'll see how this plays out but if I had to guess, he'll be dismissed from the team shortly. I believe he's a senior. Foolish way to end his career if this is how it happens.

And for the "how is this related to UNT" crowd, we share a conference with UTSA and play them this season.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• GMG_Dallas changed the title to UTSA WR Cephus Charged with DWI
19 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He was suspended for the bowl game due to the crash that resulted in these charges. Wonder if that was done so the coaches can say he's already been disciplined for this.

You will most likely see the punishment along the lines of the universally adopted scale, where the higher your value to the team, the lesser the punishment. He would have already been gone if he had been a backup/squad member.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He was suspended for the bowl game due to the crash that resulted in these charges. Wonder if that was done so the coaches can say he's already been disciplined for this.

One game suspension seems very light for a crash caused by a DWI. I think you’re right though. Doubt we see another punishment. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

I don't know man a rollover crash near campus where students walk?  That is pretty damn serious. 

As opposed to a rollover crash in town where everyone walks?  It was pretty damn serious regardless of location.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

If they didn't dismiss him months ago, why would they dismiss him now?

Criminal charges. Everybody involved new alcohol was involved but now he faces a misdemeanor A. Not just a "regular" DWI but an enhanced charge because of how drunk he allegedly was.

• Upvote 1