Something to consider Mac

emmitt01

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Tech fans don’t like Mac or his style of play.  He is just cashing out for the money it seems to me.  He could be at UNT for the rest of his career.  He will only be at Tech for 4 years.

The TT fans I have talked to are excited about the prospect of Mac  being hired as head coach. Also, we have not given him a reason to stay, as despite his success the attendance needle is still stuck at 4,000. We can make all sorts of excuses as to the reason why but the bottom line is that our fan base has not grown despite the fact that pour basketball program has. I have to wonder if this lack of support will be a hindrance in our search for a replacement.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Tech fans don’t like Mac or his style of play.  He is just cashing out for the money it seems to me.  He could be at UNT for the rest of his career.  He will only be at Tech for 4 years.

No way. He’ll have Tech in their conference title game within 3 years. Grant wins at every level. Their casual fanbase is full of basketball morons. Their plugged in fans know what’s up. P5 fanbases as a whole  simply can’t objectively discern player and/or coaching talent outside their bubble cause they don’t watch it to have a basis for real comparison.

See: the media, NCAA Selection Committee, and P5 fans complete and total miss on CUSA this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1