Coach Morris and Coach Kinne

El Paso Eagle

If you enjoy Texas college football, DCTF Football does a good job. They have several with G5 ties. Our own Ashley Pickle always mentions Norh Texas, even though she mainly covers HS. They also have UNT grad Mallory Hartley, though she doesn't seem gungho for UNT. MIke Craven, good job for a UTSA homer and Ishmael JOhnson, Texas State.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If you enjoy Texas college football, DCTF Football does a good job. They have several with G5 ties. Our own Ashley Pickle always mentions Norh Texas even though sh mainly covers HS. They also have UNT grad Mallory Hartley, though she doesn't seem gungho for UNT. MIke Craven, good job for a UTSA homer and Ishmael JOhnson, Texas State.

Good job is debatable. It has been noted in the past how they don't really do their research prior to doing podcasts. However, I will give them credit for this particular interview, it was enjoyable.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Here's another great piece of work from Texas Football. They do the research so well. Put a few back up QBs ahead of our transfer Chandler Rogers.

I don't think Craven even tries to hide the fact that he is a UTSA homer, which also impacts his views on UNT. If you go with Harris at the top, fine, but how do you put Rogers so low? Besides Harris, no QB had a higher rating or completion rate than Rogers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Wasn't Craven the one who said we should be ashamed of hoping for better than Littrell?

Something similar. I believe the gist was, “You’re North Texas. You’ve been to 7 bowls with SL, you should be grateful….yada yada”.  I appreciate DCTF’s coverage, but it’s Birds Eye view stuff.  
I am looking forward to their interview with Eric Morris. It should come out/happen in the next few weeks/months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1

Craven is unreadable and I find myself arguing with him a lot in comments of his pieces. He’s an absolute UTSA homer that never gives us credit on anything. I’ve already mentioned in other threads the things he writes to put us in a bad light. The only good thing he’s ever written is a nice piece on our new coaches and their vision for the future here. Otherwise, he uses BS statistics and a UTSA skewed view to constantly put us down. It is nice to see an NT Twitter army constantly obliterate him in the comments of his articles though 

• Upvote 4