NIT Bracketology

CMJ

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The difference?  Their guard, Tubby Patterson, would back his defender down into the post.  Khalifa would vacate the post and head towards the top of the key drawing Abou with him leaving the post open.  Tubby would use his wide arse to clear space and make easy shots and draw fouls.  We never adjusted.

Didn't understand why we didn't double him down low after he did that a couple times.   Make him give up the ball.

41 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Potential impact on our postseason tonight with SJSU getting a Quad 1 win against Boise State. If they can knock off Colorado State and Air Force to close out the season, they should finish the season in the top 100 giving us another Quad 2 win we desperately need.

Do these Quad wins only impact NCAA bids/seeding, or does NIT use them too?   

I know we are auto-in the NCAA if we win the CUSA Tourney, and probably out if we don't, but what's our chances of NIT bid with a CUSA Final tourney loss?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Do these Quad wins only impact NCAA bids/seeding, or does NIT use them too?   

I know we are auto-in the NCAA if we win the CUSA Tourney, and probably out if we don't, but what's our chances of NIT bid with a CUSA Final tourney loss?

The NIT uses similar factors.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

Should we care about quad wins at this point, since we're no longer a bubble team?

I don't think they'll be much of an impact at this point for our seeding if we win the auto-bid, but maybe I'm wrong?

Still matters for the NIT seeding. Regarding the auto bid, I think our seeding would still be at play as well. FAU is a 9 or 10 if they get the auto bid but I'd guess we'd be 12 or 13 looking at the other projected mid-major auto bids.

• Upvote 1