Secondary’s Lack of Playmaking

BillySee58

On 9/13/2022 at 4:10 PM, BillySee58 said:

I know he wasn’t a Reffett recruit, but Nate Brooks was someone I kind of took for granted here.

He had 6 picks at cornerback his senior season in 2018. All of our cornerbacks in the 3.25 seasons since then have combined to total 3 picks. And beyond that, it’s a pretty clear reflection on how closely covered (or not closely) they have been on opposing receivers.

yeah Nate kind of regressed his second year as teams took advantage of his aggression but he kept with it and I give TR and his staff credit for helping him develop. Got to the league

On 9/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, aztecskin said:

For all of Reffett's weaknesses (inflexible scheme, predictable play-calling) he had a knack for finding secondary dudes. Kemon Hall, Eric Jenkins come to mind. 

I can’t believe it but I would take Ref back in a heartbeat over this and I was one of the most vocal for him to get canned