UNT AD List of Priorities

Tom McKrackin

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, the management of a new arena will be the same as it is now with the SUperpit.

I don't actually think that would be true. The management of the Super Pit would still be there for the Super Pit and it's events it has now, with the exception of athletics.

The athletics events would move to the new basketball/volleyball arena that will be managed by AD staff.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't know why anyone thinks that the management of the Super Pit will change because of what name is on the title. 

Yes, the management of a new arena will be the same as it is now with the SUperpit.

Do you really think that Baker reporting relationship with the Administration will change.   Yeah, I can see it now;  Baker to his boss,  Mr. President I am sorry I am going to schedule the SPit anyway I like.

I don't know why this Red Herring keeps surfacing.  First, there is no financial rationale for building a new basketball arena.  Second, there is no need for a new basketball area,  

There is a reason that this is away a way in the future project.  

I don't think management will be the same, even if it is in name.

Right now we are managing everything through one facility.  Just simply having a second one in addition to the Super Pit - a second one that is clearly built for the AD (regardless of management) - will allow the events to be spread out.  A new arena would be given first priority to the bball teams, while the Super Pit would still be used for everything else it is already juggling.  What I'm reading from your posts suggests that EVERYTHING that is going on in the Super Pit would move with the basketball teams to the new arena, and scheduling conflicts/arrangements would be no different.  As long as we still have the Super Pit, I don't believe that would be true.

I thought part of the appeal of a new arena was in having priority in scheduling.  Not just updated infrastructure and amenities.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't know why anyone thinks that the management of the Super Pit will change because of what name is on the title. 

Do you really think that Baker reporting relationship with the Administration will change.   Yeah, I can see it now;  Baker to his boss,  Mr. President I am sorry I am going to schedule the SPit anyway I like.

I don't know why this Red Herring keeps surfacing.  First, there is no financial rationale for building a new basketball arena.  Second, there is no need for a new basketball area,  

There is a reason that this is away a way in the future project.  

I don't think this is correct.

• Confused 1