CUSA Basketball Schedule 1/27/22

UNTLifer

MTSU, La Tech, FIU, WKU (yeah shocker), and FAU.

Very 50/50 on UTEP/FAU, but FAU has been on fire recently.

I’ll take Western because they don’t lose consecutive games at home at all, but I don’t want it to happen. We need UAB to basically win out or lose once (preferably to NT) for a chance at a 2 bid league.

• Upvote 2

Stansbury might not make it out of the season. At halftime of their game, Seth Davis was saying UAB has CUSA's best chance at an at-large, but also mentioned us a candidate and that we needed to win @ UAB to have a real shot. 10 games, can the good guys run the table?? Sure, unlikely, but I'm ready to root like hell for it.

• Upvote 6

The east is trash. It could have been saved by WKUs talent... but they do not manage to get the horsepower on the ground (feels like Benford and Tony Mitchel). Rice might be the fourth or fifth best team in the west, but would compete for the division in the east. Even UTSA finally got a win.

Edited by outoftown
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, GMGfor3 said:

Stansbury might not make it out of the season. At halftime of their game, Seth Davis was saying UAB has CUSA's best chance at an at-large, but also mentioned us a candidate and that we needed to win @ UAB to have a real shot. 10 games, can the good guys run the table?? Sure, unlikely, but I'm ready to root like hell for it.

I saw some cheap flights to Birmingham for our game against UAB, might have to bring a buddy and see a matchup that could dictate who gets the 1 seed and harder path to the championship.

I would rather get the 2 seed because you play the 1 in the East, who will be pretty average.

ICYMI, Miners made #3 in ESPN T10 with their buzzer beater over FAU.

I'm a big fan of Jon Teicher, who is their PxP and has been for as long as I can remember, and love how he goes nuts for this.  If you look close enough, you can see him behind all the chaos at the table after the bucket goes in.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I saw some cheap flights to Birmingham for our game against UAB, might have to bring a buddy and see a matchup that could dictate who gets the 1 seed and harder path to the championship.

I would rather get the 2 seed because you play the 1 in the East, who will be pretty average.

So I travel for work (much less now in a pandemic world). Birmingham is a surprisingly great airport. I support your trip

• Upvote 1