I am currently undefeated (8-0, 6-0 Big XII) and #1 in the country in year 2 of my dynasty. At the end of year one I got an invite to replace Baylor in the Big XII. The funny thing is Baylor is currently #6 in the Sun Belt standings at (3-6, 2-4 in SBC). I've created no players and have it on All-American. P. Cobbs is 2nd in Heisman voting right now behind the HB from Norther Illinois. I'm past the meat of the Big XII schedule though so I'll pass him up. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, ULM is currently 8-2, 6-1 in SBC play. Three teams in the belt have winning records: ULM at 8-2, NMSU at 8-3 and Utah State at 6-4.

I thought the ratings for Quinn were fair, but EVERY receiver drops balls on there. It was thier way of making up for the easy passing game last year. You probably need to fix the sliders for both human and CPU for that.

A funny thing about NCAA: last night I was simming through a dynasty and after year 1, FIVE Sun Belt teams made it to a bowl. I wasn't controlling any of them either. I had to laugh at that, but maybe someday.

Edited by Coach

Emmitt- what edition you playing? '04 or '05?

If you are playing '05 and want more realistic WR catches, just press and hold the "catch" button while the ball is in the air. don't switch over to the reciever, just hold the catch button. The WR really works harder for the balls when you press catch. The only times a WR doesn't catch a wide open ball are on rare (less than 5% of the tim) occasions, and sometimes will drop passes when he's smacked by a Safety in coverage. But, using this tactic, you'll only have to worry about getting the ball there. Now bad recievers will still drop passes, but the silly drops don't happen.

Quinn, in his senior season on my dynasty, caught 76 passes for 1440 yards and 17 touchdowns. Won the Reciever of the Year award and everything. Cobbs left after his junior year for the draft, and Jamario Thomas transferred to SMU because he didn't get enough playing time. Jerk... <_<

Anyway, we are doing great over in season 4, 4-0 heading into conference scheduling!

I started a dynasty last night and beat UT in the first game of the season on All-American also. This game has really given UNT lots of respect. I was behind 14-10 with 1:38 in the 4th and I had the ball on my own 25 yard line. Scott Hall led one of the most impressive drives ever right down the field. I think I completed 3 HUGE 3rd downs! The touchdown was a perfectly thrown ball right in the heart of the Longhorn defense with only 11 seconds on the clock.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I thought the ratings for Quinn were fair, but EVERY receiver drops balls on there.  It was thier way of making up for the easy passing game last year.  You probably need to fix the sliders for both human and CPU for that.

A funny thing about NCAA: last night I was simming through a dynasty and after year 1, FIVE Sun Belt teams made it to a bowl.  I wasn't controlling any of them either.  I had to laugh at that, but maybe someday.

Well at the rate Bowl games are being added it is possible in the future smile.gif Pretty soon we will have a bowl game for every team to play in.

Just finished my 1st season. 10-1. I also lost to UT (24-7). But 60-0 vs ULL (I had to run up the score).

The thing that ticks me off....before the 1st game even started the "disipline" feature kicked in. I had 3 players that needed attention. Then half way through the season P.Cobbs came up with academic issues, and had to bench him. Still won the game, but....ahhhhhhhh.

About to start the New Orleans bowl. I am ranked 12 in the nation.

Also I am averaging around 400 YPG (I run the ball almost every play)....My offensive rank = 119

Wow what kind of power offences are the other teams playing with.

Anyone else having disk read issues on this game. I thought it might be my Xbox, but all the other games are working fine.

Enough gripping. The game is great, but sill might have to get ESPN NFL football 2K5. It is $20 new. So much football...so little time.

IF IT'S FOOTBALL IT'S GOOD!!!

I'm in my first year of a dynasty and I had Colorado's offense on the ropes. The best they had done was a field goal off of a fumbled punt return deep in my own territory. Yet, with about 1.30 remaining in the 4th quarter, deep in their own terriotry, CU did a punt fake and scored a TD. <_<

Passing has been problematic. Running is easy once you start get the hang of things. Throw in the occasional pass and the CPU starts to respect the pass. I'm looking forward to mopping the field with my remaining opponents. tongue.gif

Guest e-bone

Also I am averaging around 400 YPG (I run the ball almost every play)....My offensive rank = 119

Wow what kind of power offences are the other teams playing with.

They play 15 minute quarters so they have better stats. Play longer quarters and that should help with the stat discrepancies.

Guest e-bone

I've read that ESPN 2k5 has the best graphics, sound, and animations of any football game to date, but that is about it. I think NCAA 2005 will keep me busy for awhile, so I may get ESPN in a couple of months when I start wanting to play a NFL game.

I switched over to playing stricktly ESPN NFL 2K5. I am tired of 1 for 17 passing in NCAA football. I found myself running at 3rd and 22 in order to try and get that 1st down. That is when I switch. Not that NCAA football 2004 is bad, just frustrating at times. Needed a break, and for $16.99 with better reviews than any other FB game....(19.99 regular price)

Is the AI in ESPN bad.???...No.....You can adjust every aspect of the AI. Graphics....awesome, and much better than NCAA (on Xbox anyway). Running game.....harder than NCAA. Passing....easier than NCAA. Presentation.....ESPN by far. Fealing like your there.....NCAA. Features about the same. Control....ESPN. Quantity of teams....NCAA. Stats....NCAA. Fun Factor......ESPN.

FOR UNDER $20 YOU ESPN NFL 2K5 IS A MUST. IF IT WERE $50 IT WOULD BE A MUST. THIS IS FROM A MADDEN FAN...

I'll stick to my guns. I tried running Madden and NCAA at the same time, and I never really made it to playing Madden. I also don't have the same attachment to any NFL teams that I do for the Mean Green.

I took a momentary pause this week to move a little further along in SOCOM II and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

The same goes for NCAA 2005.

Not to the same extent as in ESPN NFL 2K5. Not even close.

And NCAA 2005 locks up on me often (cannot read disK). All other games are fine. I even switched it out at the store and my Xbox still has problems reading new one. NFL 2K5 and all the games my daughter plays have no problems.

But again NCAA 2005 is a GREAT GAME. It is like asking "do you like the Porshe or the Ferarri?". For $57 total I choose both.