Ex UNT conference-mate & Mean Green bowl game victim defeated Notre Dame today!🤢

PlummMeanGreen

Yes...UNT beat the (then) 2002 CUSA champion UC Bearcats in the
2002 New Orleans Bowl.  (see link)

You begin to think at times we are forever lost in College football’s version of the Bermuda Triangle but then......In Wren We (I)Trust.  

Wren (& Coach McCasland) are fixing Mean Green basketball. Let him fix the direction of Mean Green football.  As dark as things seem at times,  I honestly believe there is some hope & I know some of you think that to.  (Just spoke to one of you).😎

Does Darrell Dickey get the last laugh?

RIP, Dr. Norval Pohl.

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to Ex UNT conference-mate & Mean Green bowl game victim defeated Notre Dame today!🤢
11 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

The Flames are ripping UAB a new one. Circle the 23rd.....

If the Flames aren’t in the Top 25 when they come to Apogee then dump the rankings system.  

Watching physical specimen QB Malik Willis tonight reminds me of the time I saw UT future wishbone star Steve Worster (Bridge City) in a bi-district game in Clear Lake, Texas (by NASA).  Literally, a man among boys. 

❇️

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Mountain Valley Conference callback 🙄.  By the way that successful SBC run?  Ummm,  we fired that coach the presided over that run.  And some members here minimized what he did here and defending SL who hasn’t won anything.   The facilities were garbage here then and UNT had done nothing on the FBS level since stepping back to it in 1995.  Based on this we should stop bringing up the early 2000s because leadership made multiple bad decisions that squandered or greatly diminished everything the Mean Green accomplished during that time.

In regards to Dickey’s firing

"Right's right and wrong's wrong. It's the right thing to do,"
McIngvale said. "I don't think firing a guy three weeks after he
had a heart attack was the right thing to do, either. Even Wall
Street is not that callous."

Jim McIngvale (Mattress. Mack)

So unfortunately this might be Karma.  

Congrats to Cincy, oh and btw according to USA Today the Notre Dame’s coach and Seth Littrell salaries are very close.  Let that marinate for a minute.   I almost forgot to mention Notre Dame’s coach upgrade from coaching Cincinnati.  🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Cincy has made some excellent head coaching hires since 2002

I mean their worst coach had one losing season and then became a US Senator lol 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

❇️🦅❇️ Addendum:  
I just added to the top post  that North Texas beat the 2002 Conference-USA champion (or co-champion)  Cincinnati Bearcats at the New Orleans Bowl.   

••• plus I’ll go ahead & put the “confused” emoticon here now on another positive bit about UNT before all the a-holes from SMU, LaTech, Cougar “whatever” & other visiting school posters do.  (The poor fools who have nothing else to do than to continue being squatters on GMG.com). 

FC45DF3A-A18E-42DC-8BDA-35B579CD9799.jpeg.a4e97c1b3781136ae3fdcc82c3344f0b.jpeg

🦅

I think you’re confusing the “confused” with the “eye roll”

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

reminds me of the time I saw UT future wishbone star Steve Worster (Bridge City) in a bi-district game in Clear Lake, Texas (by NASA).  Literally, a man among boys. 

Plummer, that is such a true statement. Bridge City is between Port Arthur and Orange, Tx.  You cross the Rainbow Bridge(tallest bridge in the South) to drive over there.  Wooster was a legend in SE Texas.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Plummer, that is such a true statement. Bridge City is between Port Arthur and Orange, Tx.  You cross the Rainbow Bridge(tallest bridge in the South) to drive over there.  Wooster was a legend in SE Texas.

Phil, I rode to that bi-district game with my HS football coach & his wife (Harold & June Humber). Afterward we had a post-game dinner at a restaurant built over the water near shore. A good memory among so many. 

On March 9, 1969, after they spent a Sunday visiting the Houston Alief head football coach & on Highway 6 near Missouri City— Coach, June & their 9 yo daughter were all 3 killed in a head-on. Honestly, not sure all these years later that I ever got over that. I was a tri-captain on the last team that he’d coach. Still think of them often. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2