Bryan Harsin wants out and I want in ...

greenb.o.g.

9 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Seems unlikely

I agree...the MWC is the landing spot for some current P5s in either conference when things finally collapse. That would officially kill off any chance we ever may have to move up. But then again, we have done nothing to earn a spot in a conference above ours. All we have are potential eyeballs that haven’t shown many times those eyeballs have actually cared about UNT football.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, there aren’t Charlotte or Florida International...

Yea and if they were having a good season you’d have picked two other teams. BYU lost to Coastal Carolina so maybe the Belt has the prestige and we should head back there. If we can’t get in the AAC, focus on improving CUSA and actually winning it for a change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I just want to point out that I am up at 10pm watching a New Mexico home game against Fresno State that still has 6 minutes left in the FIRST QUARTER. That is what you will get out of MWC membership. No thanks.

After midnight. 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Yea and if they were having a good season you’d have picked two other teams. BYU lost to Coastal Carolina so maybe the Belt has the prestige and we should head back there. If we can’t get in the AAC, focus on improving CUSA and actually winning it for a change.

Well, we can’t get in the AAC unless SMU leaves, so the choices are fairly simple for us:

1.) Stay in some combo of the SBCUSA, as we have done for 20 years or so. You shouldn’t worry about this one going away for us. This is proving to be too tough for us, as is...

2.) Actually become attractive enough for the MWC to even know we exist. Then try and raise the program up to a level it hasn’t been since the Fry days. TCU gave the roadmap to a G5 team from Texas. But nobody, including us, has given the MWC a reason to want any of us to add to their league. They are more than content to see how things shake out in the years ahead.

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, we can’t get in the AAC unless SMU leaves, so the choices are fairly simple for us:

1.) Stay in some combo of the SBCUSA, as we have done for 20 years or so. You shouldn’t worry about this one going away for us. This is proving to be too tough for us, as is...

2.) Actually become attractive enough for the MWC to even know we exist. Then try and raise the program up to a level it hasn’t been since the Fry days. TCU gave the roadmap to a G5 team from Texas. But nobody, including us, has given the MWC a reason to want any of us to add to their league. They are more than content to see how things shake out in the years ahead.

TCU had intended to move to the now-defunct Big East (that pseudo morphed into the AAC) until the Big 12 came calling due to the departures of Colorado, A&M, Nebraska, and Missouri.

Also, we don’t exactly have the SWC pedigree that TCU had either. They aren’t e a G5 that dropped to D1AA and came back up through the bottom feeder conferences, they lost their spot in a power conference worth the dissolution of the SWC and scrambled to find a home. The Longhorns wanted to add a school in the metroplex and SMU wasn’t going to be it. 

You can get to the NY6 from any FBS conference if you win all your games. Boise, Houston, UCF, Western Michigan, and Memphis have all shown that. Hell, Hawaii was in the Sugar Bowl from the WAC.

Edited by Cr1028

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

TCU had intended to move to the now-defunct Big East (that pseudo morphed into the AAC) until the Big 12 came calling due to the departures of Colorado, A&M, Nebraska, and Missouri.

Also, we don’t exactly have the SWC pedigree that TCU had either. They are a G5 that dropped to D1AA and came back up through the bottom feeder conferences, they lost their spot in a power conference worth the dissolution of the SWC and scrambled to find a home. The Longhorns wanted to add a school in the metroplex and SMU wasn’t going to be it. 

You can get to the NY6 from any FBS conference if you win all your games. Boise, Houston, UCF, Western Michigan, and Memphis have all shown that. Hell, Hawaii was in the Sugar Bowl from the WAC.

Dude, TCU never dropped to i-aa. They went from the SWC to the WAC, then to CUSA, then the MWC. They became a national power in the MWC, agreed to join the Big East when they were still a power conference, but the Big XII Northern schools wanted another Texas school to replace A&M. So TCU got in because Texas basically got sold to have them in the conference and didn’t want UH.

And apparently, you can’t make a NY6 bowl from CUSA because it has never even close to happening.

Edited by untjim1995

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Dude, TCU never dropped to i-aa. They went from the SWC to the WAC, then to CUSA, then the MWC. They became a national power in the MWC, agreed to join the Big East when they were still a power conference, but the Big XII Northern schools wanted another Texas school to replace A&M. So TCU got in because Texas basically got sold to have them in the conference and didn’t want UH.

And apparently, you can’t make a NY6 bow from CUSA because it has never even close to happening.

My bad. I was writing that out on my phone and put are instead of aren’t.