What is....7.4 and 10.3?

FirefightnRick

7.4 is the yards per carry average by Easly and Torrey combined in the 1st quarter.

Easley had one carry in the 2nd quarter, Torrey had none.

And 10.3 is Nick Smith’s average on our last drive, mostly around end.  

So naturally on a 2nd and 2 we chunk it 30 yards down field and never give Smith the ball around end again.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Harrell def loses track of the run game.  Isn’t this at least the second time this season we’ve had a good thing going and he abandoned it?

My thoughts exactly.  I believe he stopped running in the liberty game if I remember correctly.  He has to know that the running game sets up the passing game,  but I guess he forgets after the 1st quarter. 

Edited by mgfan

13 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Yeah, that throw down the left sideline on the last drive was surprising for an obviously hurting Mason Fine. Forget which WR it was, but he deserves a medal for breaking up that interception. I expected to run it and lineup the FG a little bit better.

Outside of putting the same kid that 7th-graded the punts against smu....back in again to 7th grade and butterfinger tech’s gift in the 2nd quarter...that was the head scratcher of the game.

I refer to it as a “DODGEism”.

Rick

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

7.4 is the yards per carry average by Easly and Torrey combined in the 1st quarter.

So naturally on a 2nd and 2 we chunk it 30 yards down field and never give Smith the ball around end again.

Rick

This play call and the coaches even putting a returner back at the end of the half were the two biggest mistakes of the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanMag said:

Yeah, that throw down the left sideline on the last drive was surprising for an obviously hurting Mason Fine. Forget which WR it was, but he deserves a medal for breaking up that interception. I expected to run it and lineup the FG a little bit better.

I may be mistaken, but I think we had already thrown another one deep on the previous set of plays (or one back) of that drive, so it's not like we need to run a "keep 'em honest" call. 

Give it to NS (possibly a screen) and go get the FD. 

• Upvote 1

While I agree that we tend to forget the run and I also agree we went away from in this game but I had no issue with the play calling on the last drive. Time was a factor. The attempted pass to Bussey occurred with right at a minute. Simply put, two minute drill with time winding you can’t run it every play. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

While I agree that we tend to forget the run and I also agree we went away from in this game but I had no issue with the play calling on the last drive. Time was a factor. The attempted pass to Bussey occurred with right at a minute. Simply put, two minute drill with time winding you can’t run it every play. 

Please correct me if I am mistaken here, but I think we ended that drive with a TO in our pocket, so maybe we had time to run it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2018 at 2:43 AM, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Welcome to the Leach mindset...they get full of themselves, then let their overconfidence in the passing attack take over. Leach’s Tech Teams always did this. 

SL is a smart man and normal. I suspect this will be a learning experience and he won’t let this settle in again with GH when calling plays in a big game.