Jack Giblin

DeepGreen

Noticed a player named Jack Giblin out of Port Neches on the roster.  Is he a walk on?  Not sure what part of the Giblin family he comes from but He comes from good stock.  Robert Giblin is either his Grand Dad or Uncle, an All America out of Univ of Houston, who later played for the N.Y. Giants.

he must have transferred from NutsaK.

Edit:  Jack’s dad is Mike Giblin, brother of Robert.  Still, Jack comes from a football family, for sure.  Glad to have him.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

He was an all-state WR in high school so I have little doubt that he's talented.  What I am concerned about is his size.  He's listed as a tight end at 215 pounds.  Unless he's a receiving tight end only (which I'd highly doubt) he needs to get his weight up to 235-250 for FBS competition.  At 6'3", I believe that he can do that since he has a year to prepare after transferring from UTSA.

What's with you Deep?  When you lived in the Golden Triangle you could never help us get talent from there.  Now that you've moved to the Hill Country we have/will have three on the roster from Jefferson County.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

He was an all-state WR in high school so I have little doubt that he's talented.  What I am concerned about is his size.  He's listed as a tight end at 215 pounds.  Unless he's a receiving tight end only (which I'd highly doubt) he needs to get his weight up to 235-250 for FBS competition.  At 6'3", I believe that he can do that since he has a year to prepare after transferring from UTSA.

What's with you Deep?  When you lived in the Golden Triangle you could never help us get talent from there.  Now that you've moved to the Hill Country we have/will have three on the roster from Jefferson County.

Nobody listens to me.  All the talent is supposed to be in the DFW area.  But gosh the Golden Triangle has produced some good athletes. If only we would spend more time down there on a regular basis.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

Does CUSA not restrict intra-conference transfers like that?  I thought I'd always read that when somebody leaves one of the big boy teams, they generally are prohibited from going to a conference rival.  

Nonetheless, I'd love to think that this kid was standing on the opposing sideline last year, watching the drive, and decided to give up his Dark Side dreams and come join us in the Denton light as a target for Mason Fine. 

• Upvote 3