UNT Spends Least in the State on Recruiting

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

"We Should" and "We Are Taking the Steps" are two very different things. Doesn't matter if its by train, car, bike, or plane. Littrell and staff are not recruiting well and have shown an uncanny ability to lose more recruits to similar schools than gain them.

Again, SL and staff are having to sell TX HS Coaches and parents on the idea of going to a school that:

a.) has a reputation for suckitude for the better part of 30 years

b.) in a town not exactly known for being a huge supporter of UNT sports

c.) plays in a conference with other schools that have better reputations for football success and support than we have had (see USM, La Tech, and UH)  or have a stronger academic profile (see Rice, Tulane, and SMU). 

d.) aren't playing any decent P5 programs at home for the foreseeable future (unlike UTSA)

Its gonna take a good 5 years of showing everyone that the New Denton is legit, that the Old Denton viewpoints are no longer en vogue here. And, by the way, that is the same thing that students, alumni, and local citizens are waiting to see, too...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

"We Should" and "We Are Taking the Steps" are two very different things. Doesn't matter if its by train, car, bike, or plane. Littrell and staff are not recruiting well and have shown an uncanny ability to lose more recruits to similar schools than gain them.

"We are" recruiting well enough to have the best quarterback in the conference.  Not my opinion, other people decided that.  You can go back and criticize this class in 3 years, but right now, the proof is in the pudding.  So are we going to say that Litrell's recruiting sucks after 10 wins next year?

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

"We are" recruiting well enough to have the best quarterback in the conference.  Not my opinion, other people decided that.  You can go back and criticize this class in 3 years, but right now, the proof is in the pudding.  So are we going to say that Litrell's recruiting sucks after 10 wins next year?

If the defense goes for 35 ppg again...yes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

All World QB don't mean shit if he's getting killed every other play.

112th in Sacks Allowed. I wouldn't call that great recruiting

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

1 player on 1st team all-conference, despite winning your division is not getting it done.   Mason Fine is a difference-maker, for sure, and granted, they blew it when voting for Kicker, but we need to get better.   
Heck, 1-win Rice got 2 players on the All-Conference 1st team.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

1 player on 1st team all-conference, despite winning your division is not getting it done.   Mason Fine is a difference-maker, for sure, and granted, they blew it when voting for Kicker, but we need to get better.   
Heck, 1-win Rice got 2 players on the All-Conference 1st team.

we won our side, played in the championship game in year two of Littrell, and lost our bowl game.  Rice can have their two all conference players.....

Rice can go to hell.....I'll stay right here in Denton, Texas.....

Sorry boys.  Postseason championship in MBBALL, two bowl games, J to the F Lee on the rise.  Its all unicorns and rainbows for me right now.....

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

we won our side, played in the championship game in year two of Littrell, and lost our bowl game.  Rice can have their two all conference players.....

Sorry boys.  Postseason championship in MBBALL, two bowl games, J to the F Lee on the rise.  Its all unicorns and rainbows for me right now.....

Can you imagine if we had more than 1 guy on that list?   Maybe it could be even better than it is now!!!

15 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

No, you're right. Things are looking good. There is no denying that. But when things start looking good that is when the microscope has to be dusted off. It's a good thing that we are having to hone in on deficiencies rather than the thing being one big cluster F like before. 

We can't afford this mini run to be a flash. We have to turn it into consistency. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

No, you're right. Things are looking good. There is no denying that. But when things start looking good that is when the microscope has to be dusted off. It's a good thing that we are having to hone in on deficiencies rather than the thing being one big cluster F like before. 

We can't afford this mini run to be a flash. We have to turn it into consistency. 

I was kind of looking for the Morgan Freeman finger pointing up.....Which is actually an honor....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Littrell has proved to me that he can coach, but as yet can't recruit. We seem to still be getting a number kids who had no other D1 offers. On another note , we won every close game we were in last year, which is just about impossible to repeat. My concern is did we catch lightning on a bottle this past season, and will take a step back this year, or are we for real. The answer is probably some where in between, but I just don't see another 9 win season. Of course , take that with a grain of salt, as I sure didn't see 9 wins coming last year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1