What Is......21?

FirefightnRick

......The total yards from scrimmage TCU held Kansas to last Saturday night, mainly due to holding them to minus 32 yards rushing.

That's what a top 3 run defense will do for ya and why the Frogs are ranked 4th overall.  There was a time (early 2000's) when the Mean Green were right there with em in run defense.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article180261601.html

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You mean the Doug Meacham who is trying to hide out sitting on the stairs? 

I'm sure coming back to FW and seeing them ranked in the top 4, while his offense set a record for worst offensive performance ever by a FBS team, probably made him question his life choices pretty good in that stairwell.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I just hope that guy's career isn't dead after his KU stint, because I think he's a good coach.

This sounds crazy, but I really bet Meacham thought KU was going to be on the rise with David Beaty and Clint Bowen and their Texas HS ties. I read that when Beaty coached his first game at KU, he had less than 50 scholarship players on the roster. I think what people are seeing now is that Beaty just isn't made to be a head coach, since this is his 4th year there. Unfortunately for KU, they just extended him for like 5 more years, hoping he was going to be the guy to turn it around. That is looking like a RV-esque error in judgment.

But basketball season is right around the corner, so all will be well in Lawrence in a few weeks...

19 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I'm sure coming back to FW and seeing them ranked in the top 4, while his offense set a record for worst offensive performance ever by a FBS team, probably made him question his life choices pretty good in that stairwell.

I respect him for not choosing the easy road and hanging around, and instead setting out to establish himself on his own merit.

Rick

17 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I respect him for not choosing the easy road and hanging around, and instead setting out to establish himself on his own merit.

Rick

I can't imagine being a co-coordinator is easy no matter where you coach, so it probably made sense for him to go out on his own. IN his defense, even if things fall apart at KU, it probably isn't hurting his reputation too much just because its Kansas. Similar to what I feel Littrell and Harrell get here, if they do anything positive, people in the CFB media and circles all think they must be great coaches because its North Texas, I believe Meacham probably knew that ANY improvement would land him a head coaching job or high profile OC job because of any success at KU.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lol.   To go from a finalist for the HC job, to replacing the OC...  That would be a rough tumble for him over 2 years.

I would agree, but I think most people are beyond that now... If GH did leave, Meacham has experience with this offense,  has recruited here (and likely helped recruit Tune to KU, before he decommited), and has some likely track-records that would be appealing to recruits as well...