NT defeats FIU

CMJ

We held on despite Johnson having to sit down most of the game. Some of those calls against him were crap.

Jerome has to be the player of the game. He scored, passed the ball better than he has all season and played great defense while logging heavy minutes. I think he really carried the team for stretches tonight.

LittleEagleChick LOVED the zone defense we ran. She said it minimized the hole we had in the middle without Johnson on defense, and thought that it forced FIU to do more than they were capable of on offense. She also said that just read Tex Winters book on the triangle offense and found several inconsistencies. She knows her basketball and she is only 15. She sat there the whole game, not cheering or showing emotion, just analyzing the game, taking it in. I think we have the next Pat Summitt.

The students are starting to show up at the games. Now it's time for the alumni and Dentonites to step up.

Oh, and this is Aaron. Sorry.

Edited by KPFC Sports Dept.

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. It was great when Johnson made that awesome block at the end of the game after sitting basically the whole time. We couldn't really get anything going against their zone, and didn't look too good offensively. Thankfully the defense stepped up though.

It's hard to type when my hands are frozen cool.gif

Shawnson proves to be human, and Barnett did a very good job filling in in the post. The offense worked, the ball moved around a lot, and Justin did a great job of shutting down their bigger guys in the middle, especially in the 2nd half.

Jerome had a great game - 40 minutes with 1 turnover. Glad to see this happen to a good guy in his senior year.

Off to Arkansas - Go Mean Green! Let's get'em both!!!

It was an ugly game with a few nice moments, and an incredible performance by Jerome Rogers. I really hope our guys can get that click back that they had in the first half of the Denver game, because they can take out both UALR and Ark. State if they do.

The officiating tonight was horrid. Tons of missed calls, especially travelling and blocking fouls, and a lot of poor calls where the refs didn't even have the sightline to make the call. You could tell that they wanted Shawnson out of there the instant he got the technical for staying on the rim an extra second so he wouldn't come crashing down on the two players below him. I hope the people from WKU make enough noise about the refs that we see a change, because these guys couldn't even make it at Foot Locker.

Tailgating went real well tonight. Somewhere around 25-30 people showed up despite 35-40 degree temps, some huddled around the heater while others played football (and I just ate pavement). Here's a pic of the huddle around the heater as well as GangGreen (and daughter) and MrStrange around the grill. Thanks again GangGreen.

user posted image

We've now more than doubled the number of people who showed up for the first tailgate at the Indiana game on December 29th! If you're coming out to Denton for the game, go ahead and stop by, even if it's for only a couple minutes. The next game/tailgate is on Thursday, December 29th against New Orleans (5:15 pregame, 7:05 tip).

Stick it to the Trojans...??

Watch out now boys.... us girls are gonna be ready for this flag football game.  We've been practicing!  We dropped a few throws in the first go around, but got pretty good at keeping our eye on the ball!!

How ya gonna do when you got someone covering you? Don't make me go Bill Bates on yo arse.

FIU not a good team at all, shouldnt have even came that close, Im upset to see that we only won by 7, when it needed to be greater then 20, our shots were definitly off and havin turnovers isnt great either... All in all we won and that is what matters