My Notes on Iowa

cdizzle86

• Unsportsmanlike conduct (Ashton Preston) 
  • Horrible PI call in the 2nd quarter when the pass was tipped.
  • Atrocious special teams. When will this end? We are 3 weeks into the season and it's just getting worse.
  • SHANBOUR
  • Great run defense for the most part.
  • More stupid special teams in the second half. 
  • More unsportsmanlike penalties from Ashton Preston. 
  • Ashton Preston also had a big offsides penalty on what I believe was a third down. You sit him in the first half of the next game. Have some discipline kid. You obviously can't handle your emotions in the game.
  • Even with all the Iowa injuries, their talent wore us down. And it showed in the end of the 3rd quarter.

Conclusion

This team has fight in it, but too many stupid penalties and awful special teams killed us. This team needs more discipline in the secondary. They ran their mouth last week in a bad loss and did the same this week and cost the team in penalties. 

It feels good to have 2 capable quarterbacks. I've been following the team since 2005 and I can't remember a time when we've had more than 1. 

Special teams. What more can I say. Every week we seem to get worse. Maybe I'm spoiled to kickers and punters, but our punter was awful today and our field goal protection cost us 3 points. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, cdizzle86 said:
  • Ashton Preston also had a big offsides penalty on what I believe was a third down. You sit him in the first half of the next game. Have some discipline kid. You obviously can't handle your emotions in the game.

you got 30 minutes at DB in you, right?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2