New recruits

Amir Ward, DE/OLB, and Montego Muckelvaney, WR, both from Killeen recently visited.  Ward is class of 2020.  Muckelvaney is a 2018 grad, 6'4" 180lbs.  Looks like their QB also visited

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

Muckelvaney is a physical specimen for Killeen High. Dual sport guy, and has good body awareness. The knock on him is his speed, but good athlete. Can hoop as well. QB Johnson from Killeen IMO is not D1 material but he has the size and speed for the D1 level. He does have a cannon, but not the best accuracy.  

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

If they can ball send em our way!!! Lol can the QB project to another position in college or he stuck on playing QB? 

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcellus-Johnson-46040249?_ga=2.89433497.322105898.1496679899-1166664571.1474898755

Marcellus Johnson; good size and HS's tend to put their best athlete at QB when they don't have many other options.  Maybe he will develop this year.  He will be a good one to watch as the season progresses.  As many have mentioned, take the Patterson/TCU approach and get the good players/athletes in and find their best position.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, unt_rocket09 said:

IMO he isn't a D1 QB. Now I'm no expert, but we have played far better QBs than him over the years. He is an athlete, I would think would make a hell of a safety. I don't know the kid well, just played him the last 2 years. Has good size and speed. 

I thought same thing watching his film.  Think he has ability to transition positions.

• 1 month later...