Kiffin and FAU Bowing up

Coach Bill Lewis

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

You are on the North Texas football forum bud.  

Why we suppose to care about anything from Florida except Minute Maid orange juice?

Because they are our completion for a CUSA title?

Because they provide a like comparison to see how we are doing in recruiting?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yes, but it doesn't fit our typical agenda of excuses come this time of year. Lane Kiffin did in 2 months what our staff has failed to do in 15. But there will be some excuses such as, "but they are in Florida." Let me tell ya, every East coast and Southeast program in the country dips into Florida to rip recruits out of. Much like what Midwest, etc. schools do to Texas. It's one and the same. The difference here is, Kiffin is getting it done and he's getting it done much quicker. We will have to play them next year and hopefully his quick success off the field doesn't bite us in the butt on the field. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

41 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

But UNT90, on the eve of a North Texas National Signing Day he puffs (to use an old journalism verb), uh,.....FAU?

Hellsbells! Then why don't we all just get in a circle, hold hands and sing the CUSA version of Kum Bah Yah? :)   Spread the wealth, babeeee'! 

Just thought the timing of his link was off, that's all.   Did he post a similar link on the FAU board about UNT pre-HOD Bowl game? Did "the Coach" show the impressive pictorial Mean Green crowd support 2 days after Christmas at the Cotton Bowl Stadium (and on a work day to boot)?    

Hey!  I'm just as sensitive about things that I don't think elevate our cause as the next poster on this forum and I've had 40 plus years to attain this sensitivity--probably close to the same number of years as you, UNT90!  LOL!  

Nevertheless, I hope we have a happy day today & get some kids we can build on from last season & go to a bowl game 2 years in a row with a 6 or 7 win team!

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

But UNT90, on the eve of a North Texas National Signing Day he puffs (to use an old journalism verb), uh,.....FAU?

Hellsbells! Then why don't we all just get in a circle, hold hands and sing the CUSA version of Kum Bah Yah? :)   Spread the wealth, babeeee'! 

Just thought the timing of his link was off, that's all.   Did he post a similar link about UNT pre-HOD Bowl game? Did "the Coach" show the impressive pictorial Mean Green crowd support 2 days after Christmas at the Cotton Bowl Stadium (and on a work day to boot)?    

Hey!  I'm just as sensitive about things that I don't think elevate our cause as the next poster on this forum and I've had 40 plus years to attain this sensitivity--probably close to the same number of years as you, UNT90!  LOL!  

Nevertheless, I hope we have a happy day today & get some kids we can build on from last season & go to a bowl game 2 years in a row with a 6 or 7 win team!

GMG

90 didn't post this link about FAU. It was @Coach Bill Lewis 

And 6 wins this upcoming season should be a given. My expectations are building beyond 6, not expecting 6. I like our East draw for the first time in a while. I like we get to play a virtual start up in UAB. I like we only have 1 'opportunity' game. I like that we are hosting both Army and UTSA. I like that we are hosting a very winnable game to start the year off right. There are a lot of things to like about our schedule. But my expectations start at 6. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I did not see anything in the article that stood out to me.  They expect 18 to sign, don't we expect 20???  They talked about a lot of people they did not get, and a few they did.......I don't see what the fuss is about for FAU.  Kiffin will get players from his name alone, but I don't see this article as anointment or anything close...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

90 didn't post this link about FAU. It was @Coach Bill Lewis 

And 6 wins this upcoming season should be a given. My expectations are building beyond 6, not expecting 6. I like our East draw for the first time in a while. I like we get to play a virtual start up in UAB. I like we only have 1 'opportunity' game. I like that we are hosting both Army and UTSA. I like that we are hosting a very winnable game to start the year off right. There are a lot of things to like about our schedule. But my expectations start at 6. 

It's a very favorable schedule, and will be for years to come, thanks to RV.  The program needed a winnable schedule, and we have it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@PlummMeanGreen, one thing you'll come to learn about @Coach Bill Lewis is he posts anything and everything loosely related to CUSA because apparently the UAB board is too boring for him so he comes over here to shotgun posts.

He's a UAB fan?  I wondered who he was.  The other one that posts any and everything UNT/Denton is Skipper.  Just posts links.  Never, or rarely shares any insight.

Back on topic, Kiffen has a lot to prove as a head coach.

• Upvote 1

Not saying this was the deciding factor that caused "the low blow" against our school, but don't kid yourselves.....these kids do read the message boards of the schools they are interested in (or some of their friends do & report back).  

"– UNT lost a three-way battle for DeAndre McNeal, a wide receiver from Fullerton College in California, with Florida Atlantic. UCLA was also in on the former Texas wide receiver. That was a bit of a low blow for UNT. The Mean Green will face the Owls this year."  (from the DRC) 

Maybe next year on the eve of National Signing Day "Coach" will put a nice link about how damn good UTSA is smokin' it on GMG.com. 

Some out there might just wonder why in the hell do we even keep trying with all the non-stop D2 level shit that has met the approval of many on this forum for years.  The W/L records during all those years (and decades) do not tell a lie.  We need Seth Littrell & staff to turn the tide & change this cycle in the worst way.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3