HOD Bowl Vs Army?

WilliamQuinn

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I have heard (rumor) that TCU may be a possible opponent for us.  Hope not.  Too much speed.

The Big 12 only has 6 teams that are bowl eligible. Unless they move around bowl invites I don't see a Big 12 team in the HoD Bowl.

Would love to see another UNT Rematch. The teams are competitive and huge fan base for both schools. a lot of Veterans also attend UNT now and in the past. Also, a lot of other vets live in the DFW area as welll. May not be the sexiest names but should be a good crowd!

Also, both teams will want to play better than they did before as well. please let this happen!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, techdawg88 said:

wish Tech could get a rematch from the 2011 Poinsettia Bowl vs. TCU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Poinsettia_Bowl

I have to finally admit, techdog88, that your school has done so much with so little & my school (during most my 40+ years as an alum & fan) has done so little with so much.  (I do feel we might finally have all the pieces in place to change our future prospects).

The curse of many from my era is that we had several (by today's standards) bowl-worthy (Fry era) teams one of which slobber-knocked your team (41-7?) one season only to see your Dawgs get a bowl invite a few days later.  I stand to be corrected, but I think North Texas even had a Top 20 ranking part of that same season.  Some began to call us Rodney Daingerfield State U.?

----------------------------- 

➡️ More Scatter-shootin' From the Hip:  

Still, I'd love for LaTech, UNT, Rice, UTEP & UTSA vault to the MWC to make up most of a MWC East Division to improve our G5 status as well as improve all our prospects in the future NCAA that will never, never happen in CUSA (or FWIW...SBC 2.0).  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen