Strange sightings at Super Pit

LoveMG

- Scrappy pre-uniform wearing U. of Miami cap huh.gif

- Dr. Pohl and WW talking courtside before game; WW seen begging Pohl to stay in SBC? biggrin.gif

- three small kids in sold-out courtside seats, wearing BU shirts mad.gif

- 50+ football players appear for halftime ceremony, 40+ leave soon after sad.gif

- 100+ students in student section, 6 fans in next reserved section unsure.gif

- RV and Georgio missing from action ph34r.gif

Edited by LoveMG

-three small kids in sold-out courtside seats, wearing BU shirts  mad.gif

Ridiculous.

- 50+ football players appear for halftime ceremony, 40+ leave soon after  sad.gif

Ridiculous.

- 100+ students in student section, 6 fans in next reserved section  unsure.gif

Ridiculous.

- 100+ students in student section, 6 fans in next reserved section

I really don't know why they are doing that, it is the most useless thing they could waste their time monitoring and enforcing. If six people bought tickets for that section, that's fine, but let the students expand out into it. I don't understand the purpose of having a zero tolerance policy on students sitting one section over when nobody else is sitting there.

When I was leaving the parking lot - I let WW pull out in front of me in his Tahoe. I thought it was kind of symbolic... biggrin.gif

I also did see the football thing and I kept thinking. That is bad.. REALLY bad. Then I thought. What if they left because they had to go to a practice or something? Maybe a team meeting. I sure hope so.

It is finals week on campus.  It's nice that the team was recognized at the half, but I am rather surprised they did this during finals.

I think they did it during finals to catch the Baylor game. Didn't they do it in the TCU game last year? It was all about catching a football opponent to recognize the football players in front of. Couldn't have been a better opponent than Baylor, don't you think?

I would like to add the following:

Apparently in my section, you will get dirty looks thrown your way if you stand and cheer, yell at the refs, or yell at the other team.

NOW...let me be perfectly clear....EVERYTHING I said was 100% clean. There was no profanity AT ALL.

But I could not sit/stand idly by and let the referee tell the UNT bench to sit down and be quiet during the Baylor free throws, yet did NOTHING when the Baylor team was standing the entire game and cheering and chanting, especially during UNT free throws.

I don't care either way....I just want it to be consistent.

Anyway...I yelled just a few times at the refs...once for the above mentioned double standard, once when they called a foul on UNT when the Baylor player travelled, then stopped, then fell forward; and maybe one other time.

Each time I was given very dirty looks from the older lady 2 rows in front of me, and the older couple to the side and one row in front of me.

They also looked at me ugly when I yelled in delight at a couple of slam dunks and some three shots. They hated it when I stood and cheered.

I'm sorry...but I guess cheering and yelling aren't socially acceptable practices at basketball games these days.

Let me reiterate...I was 100% clean.

Edited by BowlJinx

We sit behind the visitors bench, about 4 rows up. I stand and yell all the time and no one has ever said a thing or given me a look. Come over to our section and you can scream all you want.

Also, unlike bowljinx, I want to applogize for the "bull shit" comment. I was right about the call, but I tend to get carried away.

Also, I have no problem with students moving into reserved seats if no one is in them. The closer the crowd; the louder!! I do object to visitors coming into a reserved section and seating their butts down. Brad made a whole row move to the "Baylor Section".

We need more support for our guys, not less!!!

Verygreen is my kind of people.

I wanted to say "Bullsh*t" on a call, too (I think I know which call you yelled it on), but I was getting daggers from the people around me.

I know of the 3 women (not including my wife) who were giving me ugly looks, one was a Baylor fan...so I ignored her. But the other 2 were clearly UNT fans. Granted, I'm 30 and they are like 70, but still...as long as I keep it clean I should be able to yell.

Verygreen...next game I might come down and join your group. (I'm in 120, row N, so I wasn't far from you last night).

Edited by BowlJinx

I just laugh when those attendants ask to see my ticket. I know they are only doing as they are told, but really, what's the point? It's not like it's the AAC. In an arena that sits close to 10K, and you only have 2500 show up (official attendance...I don't think there were that many), does it really matter where people grab a seat?