ponyfans.com hilarity

Silent Eagle

2 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

blaming us for the fact that our game this weekend is not on local TV (cause, it's hard to drive 40 minutes away to sit with the commoners and be in vicinity of our shanty towns, plus their stellar performance over the last few years has garnered national recognition and acclaim), thus using this as their supposed ammunition for why in no way, shape or form they should continue to schedule games with us. 

I think one of them discovered that it will be streamed on ASN. No SMU fans at the game, once again....

• Upvote 1

You know,   I keep seeing alot of you mention how SMU doesn't bring many fans...   Granted, they didn't bring ANYTHING like what we brought to Ford the past 2 times we played down there, but still...  The sad part is, I actually recall quite a few SMU fans, scattered on the HOME side of the stadium, where the shade is (probably twice the amount of fans than those sitting in the allocated seats on the South side of the visitor section).

The HOME side of the stadium should be sold out.  There should be no tickets available for SMU fans to sit over there.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You know,   I keep seeing alot of you mention how SMU doesn't bring many fans...   Granted, they didn't bring ANYTHING like what we brought to Ford the past 2 times we played down there, but still...  The sad part is, I actually recall quite a few SMU fans, scattered on the HOME side of the stadium, where the shade is (probably twice the amount of fans than those sitting in the allocated seats on the South side of the visitor section).

The HOME side of the stadium should be sold out.  There should be no tickets available for SMU fans to sit over there.

They should enforce seating for away opponent fans 100% of the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

They should enforce seating for away opponent fans 100% of the time. 

Enforce what?   If they purchase a ticket, they can sit in those seats.    It's not that they're buying seats in their visitor section then coming over rogue.   They're buying available seats on the home side.  It's UNT fans' responsibility to show up en-masse to prevent those seats from being available.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Enforce what?   If they purchase a ticket, they can sit in those seats.    It's not that they're buying seats in their visitor section then coming over rogue.   They're buying available seats on the home side.  It's UNT fans' responsibility to show up en-masse to prevent those seats from being available.

I see 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hate that site--there are about 10 posters there, living in the pre-death penalty days. What drives me more crazy is how many local DFW media members think they should be right up there with TCU because of their history and location. Unfortunately, Dallas doesn't care anything for SMU like Ft. Worth does for TCU--never have, actually. Because of this, SMU will never move upward--as in never. They are as high as they can ever go. Granted, its higher than us, but that's our fault, not theirs. SMU fans bitch about their SWC days getting pulled out from underneath them, but that was going to happen because of the small size of that school and not being able to pull their weight with the public schools in the region.

I always go back to the fact that SMU led the other privates to block us from the SWC--we still had a lot going for us and we should have called the old Big Eight to inquire about joining there. Instead, we dropped a nuclear bomb on the program--if we hadn't done this, we would be in the AAC, at least, today. Its very, very possible that we are in the Big XII right now--not even kidding, either. The Big 8 kept all of its members when they formed the big XII. Its very, very possible that UT, A&M, and Tech would have joined the big Eight if we were already there. BTW before you think this is an empty lament, you think about the late 70s and early 80s and how TV was about to get changed greatly with the NCAA. The Big Eight had no Texas TV sets to attract, except when Texas played OU. Imagine how much a team that had been ranked recently within the DFW market with a large enrollment could have swayed the folks in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa. Then think about what sport went thru the roof at the same time--college hoops. We had a facility that easily could have been among the top venues in the Big Eight at the top. Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, Mizzou, and OU spent most of the 70s and 80s being very, very good. How fun would it have been to have seen Waymon Tisdale, Danny Manning, Rolando Blackmon, and so many others of that time coming here to play conference games? Because it would have been a reality if the leadership of the university at the time didn't giddily give up. It has cost us so much with alumni and potential fans in the DFW area over the years because they just decided to follow the regional Big XII/SEC powers instead, even with degrees from here.

To me, that is MUCH worse than SMU crying about their Death penalty program that earned that position from completely ignoring and hiding from the NCAA.