UNT potentially partnering with Dallas Cowboys

UNT90

7 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I do not do marketing analysis for a living, but I would say the answer would have to be a resounding yes. And not just a Cowboy affiliated benefit. Many of times this area is described as North Texas when other events are happening at Cowboy Stadium. Now we could say that the college of North Texas is the University of North Texas. It will get more eyeballs on us than ever before, ever. 

I can see this up there on the Jerryworld massive video screens during a timeout:

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Surely sue they would not do that. Maybe just the SOW with a cool background or the UNT seal would suffice perfectly. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

OK, first look back at the number of your posts just in this single thread that refer to firing RV and/or Bedford. Next, look at the number of threads you have started as a means of spewing distain if not outright hatred on those individuals. Lastly, how many individual posts have you made just in the last 30 days with negative comments about RV and/or Bedford? 

But pointing out the factual errors on accounting in this thread is spreading an "agenda?" 

That's a bit more to the story. Jerry made the agreement with Coke knowing Coke was negotiating a deal with the entire league. When the league deal was announce, Jerry was mad the league didn't get enough money from Coke. He didn't like a lot of the league's negotiations and eventually got on the committee that handled the media rights negotiations and was able to get much more money than the Commissioner's office thought possible. Similarly, he wanted to get back at Coke somehow and pushed the "pouring right" through during what I think was the last or next to last year of his original deal with Coke. He still has a deal with Pepsi many years later. 

So you think wanting people fired for not doing their job is "hatred?" Awe, that's sweet, I've got a participation trophy that I know you need to have. 

In case you haven't noticed, the Hattiesburg Hustler and Benford are glaring symptoms of the disease that affects UNT. Yes, I want the symptoms dealt with, but I want the disease cured. If the symptoms are still present, so is the disease. If the symptoms are made to disappear, at least their is hope the the disease is also being treated.

Right now, there is zero hope for UNT athletics, and UNT doesn't care.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

14 hours ago, UNT90 said:

So you think wanting people fired for not doing their job is "hatred?" Awe, that's sweet, I've got a participation trophy that I know you need to have. 

In case you haven't noticed, the Hattiesburg Hustler and Benford are glaring symptoms of the disease that affects UNT. Yes, I want the symptoms dealt with, but I want the disease cured. If the symptoms are still present, so is the disease. If the symptoms are made to disappear, at least their is hope the the disease is also being treated.

Right now, there is zero hope for UNT athletics, and UNT doesn't care.

I don't think wanting people removed from their jobs for poor performance is hatred. I actually HAVE recommended removing people or more often recommended not renewing or giving a new contact to people who aren't performing well. In the TV business, many people work on contracts and are thus not "at will" employees, so it's often simpler to just wait for a contract to run out. The key to being able to fire someone under contract is their must be some kind of grounds within the contract to justify the firing. Even then, you usually must go to court to fight it and that takes 24 to 48 months. Most of the contracts I deal with are shorter than that. 

I haven't written over 2000 negative message board comments about a single individual. I haven't decided that anyone who doesn't share my personal agenda "doesn't care" about the University. I haven't spend 100s of hours over multiple years trying to catalog any problem, no latter how minor and regardless of if it was in an individual's direct control or not. I don't say that any response, comment or statement from an individual must be a "lie" then post and publicize it must be a lie everywhere I can. I haven't decided that simply because the President of a university has a different set of priorities with a different rules he must legally follow, if he doesn't accede to my personal demands he must "not care." I don't think that because the Board of Regents is following the legally required accounting rules instead of my personal demands, they "don't care." All of that is far, far more than wanting someone "fired for not doing their job." I don't know exactly where it changed, but somewhere in all of that it becomes hatred. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I don't think wanting people removed from their jobs for poor performance is hatred. I actually HAVE recommended removing people or more often recommended not renewing or giving a new contact to people who aren't performing well. In the TV business, many people work on contracts and are thus not "at will" employees, so it's often simpler to just wait for a contract to run out. The key to being able to fire someone under contract is their must be some kind of grounds within the contract to justify the firing. Even then, you usually must go to court to fight it and that takes 24 to 48 months. Most of the contracts I deal with are shorter than that. 

I haven't written over 2000 negative message board comments about a single individual. I haven't decided that anyone who doesn't share my personal agenda "doesn't care" about the University. I haven't spend 100s of hours over multiple years trying to catalog any problem, no latter how minor and regardless of if it was in an individual's direct control or not. I don't say that any response, comment or statement from an individual must be a "lie" then post and publicize it must be a lie everywhere I can. I haven't decided that simply because the President of a university has a different set of priorities with a different rules he must legally follow, if he doesn't accede to my personal demands he must "not care." I don't think that because the Board of Regents is following the legally required accounting rules instead of my personal demands, they "don't care." All of that is far, far more than wanting someone "fired for not doing their job." I don't know exactly where it changed, but somewhere in all of that it becomes hatred. 

Again, your perception, which is what we are talking about, is inaccurate.

You are the definition of what UNT has always been and will always be if left to do things your way. Don't fix problems. Let contracts expire. Don't make needed changes. Keep being exactly what you have been. 

If you haven't noticed, that hasn't worked out at all for UNT athletics. If you haven't noticed, the long history of North Texas is filled with little to no support for athletics programs as compared with their peer universities. If you haven't noticed, UNT has the lowest endowment of any university its size in Texas, and I'd bet in the U.S. Go figure.

Your course of inaction will insure this pattern will continue as it has for years. My course will most likely be ineffective, but at least I'm not sitting on my hands doing nothing. And when it becomes a certainty to me that there is zero hope for change, you won't have to worry about reading me again, just like so so many others, I will walk away. 

I have a feeling it's coming, so just hang in there a little longer. You will be able to talk ad nauseam about lackluster, basement dwelling UNT athletics. You will be able to predict 10-2 seasons and then blame injuries and bad breaks when that turns out to be 2-10. You get to celebrate the Rick Villarreal Athletic Center at the naming ceremony while the Hattiesburg Hustler is still AD some 5 years from now. 

And UNT athletics will still be the laughing stock of FBS athletics in Texas and among its own alumni.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

17 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Surely sue they would not do that. Maybe just the SOW with a cool background or the UNT seal would suffice perfectly. 

Just to back up what MGT is saying, the other day while watching the Rangers game, they are doing their "university days" promotion and the one for us comes up. The girl starts the promo for getting a baseball cap in green for UNT's day at the Ballpark by saying the names (paraphrasing) "Roy Orbison, Don Henley, and Norah Jones...all former students of the University of North Texas. Come celebrate your school at the Ballpark for North Texas Night!!"

I just shook my head--that's what you get with Cheap Tuition and a Focus on Music and Arts as the only Primary Window to the school for decades. That ad above may be posted as sarcasm, but it is far closer to what the university would advertise at a NFL game than anything about our athletic program. Otherwise, it would probably be the other ad, "The Creative Heartbeat of Texas".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7