Draft Anyone?

Mike Jackson

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:19 PM, UNT90 said:

UNT needs to start by getting a player drafted in any round. Zach Orr would have been a mid round pick if he played anywhere besides UNT. That's how bad the perception problem is.

Thanks RV.

Again, pure speculation on your part.  An NFL exec doesn't give two cents about where a player played.  They want to win and win now, so they will take the best player available that fits their needs.  As mentioned before, Orr was an undersized ILB and too slow to play OLB by NFL standards.  Dunbar is an undersized player that has excelled because he is elusive, but his durability, at the NFL level, has to be called in to question with this recent injury.  An I have mentioned numerous times, I am not a fan of RV, but don't try to build support for your cause by laying this at his feet.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:53 PM, Wag Tag said:

Skip knowes what he is doing!

The DT was a LSU recruit that transferred in and the QB was a Florida recruit that transferred in.  Dixon was not recruited by Skip, so Skip really didn't do that much.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Again, pure speculation on your part.  An NFL exec doesn't give two cents about where a player played.  They want to win and win now, so they will take the best player available that fits their needs.  As mentioned before, Orr was an undersized ILB and too slow to play OLB by NFL standards.  Dunbar is an undersized player that has excelled because he is elusive, but his durability, at the NFL level, has to be called in to question with this recent injury.  An I have mentioned numerous times, I am not a fan of RV, but don't try to build support for your cause by laying this at his feet.

The DT was a LSU recruit that transferred in and the QB was a Florida recruit that transferred in.  Dixon was not recruited by Skip, so Skip really didn't do that much.

Not quite. Where a player played does matter when it comes to evaluations. 

First, there's a question about the talent level he played against (for both film evaluation and trying to project him at the next level).

Second, if only a few teams come to a school's Pro Day then most of the league aren't likely to draft one of those guys since they don't have any of the basic measurables on them.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Your words and your constant defense of RV tell two different stories.

As does your hyper-focused criticism of every single one of my posts.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

21 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Your words and your constant defense of RV tell two different stories.

As does your hyper-focused criticism of every single one of my posts.

I asked in another thread for you to show a post of mine that provides "constant defense" of RV.  You didn't and you won't now because it isn't out there.  What you will find is a number of posts by me stating that it is time for RV to go.

I think your posts are slanted by your feelings towards RV.  I just try to point out how you stretch the truth or twist things to fit your agenda.  That is all.