Carlos Harris Arrested

TheReal_jayD

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

Usually you get arrested for PI for being a danger to yourself, or refusing to cooperate with officers, not for simply walking home.

Not in Denton.

17 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

pretty sure that's called "college". 

if your experience is considerably different then you did it wrong. 

It's called my Spring 2015 in DC. It was fun. 

21 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

ScwGxZk.gif

It's a PI, not possession of cocaine.  One is at the MAX a $500 fine and the other is at a MIN a felony, 2 years in jail and 10,000.

Talking about timing here, not the charge.  Its February, if he's planning on going to the next level.  Why is he out drinking at 4am?  If he takes football seriously he would be training, not drinking.  That's my point. 

13 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

For a marginal NFL prospect this could be just as bad for career reasons. Teams will take a chance on guys with great talent, but why risk it when there are lots of guys like Carlos in skill terms that don't have even this little bit of baggage?

Thank you.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

For a marginal NFL prospect this could be just as bad for career reasons. Teams will take a chance on guys with great talent, but why risk it when there are lots of guys like Carlos in skill terms that don't have even this little bit of baggage?

I understand that.  It's still not possession of cocaine.  The better comparison to getting a PI before the NFL draft would be getting a PI before a job interview.  Cocaine is a whole different level than a PI.

oeAAAVa.gif

57 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I understand that.  It's still not possession of cocaine.  The better comparison to getting a PI before the NFL draft would be getting a PI before a job interview.  Cocaine is a whole different level than a PI.

oeAAAVa.gif

Most future employers wont ever know about a PI, thus not being realistic. They ask for felony's, not class C tickets. NFL isnt most employers, he is ruining his shot at the NFL.  Just like getting caught with cocaine can ruin our future career opportunities.

Edited by Dr. Seuss

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Exactly.  And, truthfully, Carlos didn't even really dominate C-USun Belt competition.  So, NFL was a pipedream.  Arena League, maybe.  But, many of those AFLers are "blue collar"-types who don't care about the small amount of pay there. 

57 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

Most future employers wont ever know about a PI, thus not being realistic. They ask for felony's, not class C tickets. NFL isnt most employers, he is ruining his shot at the NFL.  Just like getting caught with cocaine can ruin our future career opportunities.

Your argument is that the NFL is far more attentive to these details than the average employer.  Then to make a proper comparison you should raise the attentiveness of the of the employer.  Make the comparison of one of use applying to and FBI position.  They care about misdemeanors like PI.  They will know about them and you had better admit it.

Don't raise the level of the offense.  Cocaine possession is a felony and you wouldn't be eligible for any job soon afterwards because you would likely be looking at prison.  

So:

1. The comparison is bad, and 
  2. I don't like tarring one of our fellow alumni with the comparison.

27 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Your argument is that the NFL is far more attentive to these details than the average employer.  Then to make a proper comparison you should raise the attentiveness of the of the employer.  Make the comparison of one of use applying to and FBI position.  They care about misdemeanors like PI.  They will know about them and you had better admit it.

Don't raise the level of the offense.  Cocaine possession is a felony and you wouldn't be eligible for any job soon afterwards because you would likely be looking at prison.  

So:

Again, I'm talking about the timing of the offense, not the crime itself.  So yes, maybe cocaine might have been a bad comparison but we're arguing semantics.  I dont care if he's an alumni or not. Its about the person and he's not a good role model/ leader for this university/ program.

I dont believe Carlos hasn't graduated yet... I wouldn't officially call him a alumni of the univeristy

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

If he were to quit today he would be an alumni.  There is a student alumni association.   You don't have to actually graduate to be an alumni.  It is pedantic, but he has already "unlocked" alumni status.  

He's an almnus. (You started it).

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

If he were to quit today he would be an alumni.  There is a student alumni association.   You don't have to actually graduate to be an alumni.  It is pedantic, but he has already "unlocked" alumni status.  

If.......... Like I said, he is still currently a student, thus not making him an alumni because he hasn't (to my knowledge) graduated or is a former student.  You're the one bringing Webster's in this, not me.  

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cerebus said:

So:

But if Carlos applies at the secret service, this arrest would be like an internship? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

If.......... Like I said, he is still currently a student, thus not making him an alumni because he hasn't (to my knowledge) graduated of is a former student.  You're the one bringing Webster's in this, not me.  

RXM7zr6.gif

Look, I've already moved on to arguing with one of the many Chris's about academic standards.  Tomorrow I'm going to argue with @UNT90 about whether or not this recruiting class is any good or not, and that's going to carry into the weekend.  At which point @Censored by Laurie and I have our yearly existentialist angst argument already scheduled.  

If you want we can continue this argument early next week, unless Putin invades Moldovia, in which case I'll have to spend the week refuting @Screaming Eagle-66's pro Soviet agenda for at least a week.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

RXM7zr6.gif

Look, I've already moved on to arguing with one of the many Chris's about academic standards.  Tomorrow I'm going to argue with @UNT90 about whether or not this recruiting class is any good or not, and that's going to carry into the weekend.  At which point @Censored by Laurie and I have our yearly existentialist angst argument already scheduled.  

If you want we can continue this argument early next week, unless Putin invades Moldovia, in which case I'll have to spend the week refuting @Screaming Eagle-66's pro Soviet agenda for at least a week.

Sounds like you need some time away from the computer.

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

RXM7zr6.gif

I think you and I will probable agree on the recruiting class, so you can knock that one off your schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1