Girls Basketball Game BLUNDER

GMG24

I hate to do this on a day when our ladies fought so hard to come back and win.  However, why in the heck can our Athletic Department NOT get simple stuff right.  Human error,  bla bla bla bla bla, QUIT SCREWING UP.  During the game they are making an announcement to honor our women's NCAA team from 30 years ago next Saturday January 30th vs Rice.  Here is the graphic that they plastered on the JumboTron during that minute and a half invite. 

Edited by GMG24

Nothing really...the young lady running the video board put up a promo graphic for the Jan. 30 th game against Rice, but listed the game day as Feb. 30th.  It was pretty funny...even though most people in our section did not even notice it until we stared tucking it up about it.  You know...like really, Feb. 30th....there are not 30 days in Feb. the last I checked.  The young lady just put in the wrong month.    Really no biggie, just a boo boo by the young lady running the video board today.

Too bad it happened for sure, but not earth shattering.  Most folks there know the schedule anyway, plus it was another great comeback win by Jalie and company.  

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:
11 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

No mistake is ever too big or too small to be poo-pooed away...

Yep...yep there are...only folks that seem to think they are perfect or who are just looking for something to criticize would see this as anything more than it was...a simple oops by the person running the video board today.  But, if you want...go ahead,  and crucify them for the oops.  I am sure that will make it all better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

At least the guy who started this thread showed up for the game.  Seems, however, it just gave our broken record Complainer in Chief another reason to post a complaint  about something he doesn't care about and doesn't follow.  Maybe someone can send him a UTA t-shirt.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

I think it's probably just that the little errors are more obvious to people when they are in the midst of the big ones.  Like, you wouldn't get as nitpicky about a couple of misspellings in a paper, but then you realize the entire premise was made up and the person didn't even read the material, so you rip them a new one for every little thing because of it.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

At least the guy who started this thread showed up for the game.  Seems, however, it just gave our broken record Complainer in Chief another reason to post a complaint  about something he doesn't care about and doesn't follow.  Maybe someone can send him a UTA t-shirt.

And the Athletic Department strong man is on the job, driving away more people who don't accept athletic department failure.

UNT athletics is like an exclusive club. If you don't think like them, just get the F out.

All hail Rick Villarreal!!!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

And the Athletic Department strong man is on the job, driving away more people who don't accept athletic department failure.

UNT athletics is like an exclusive club. If you don't think like them, just get the F out.

All hail Rick Villarreal!!!!!!

I can agree with this. They don't listen to the people and have the my way or the highway mentality. 5k people could be opposed but 2 or 3 people would make the opposite secession because it's "their thing" and they are in charge. That's an easy fix if they ever talk to the everyday fan though. Would be nice if they would employee an everyday fan instead of hiring from within or hiring somebody's buddy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I will agree, believe it or not, with 90 and those complaining about this.  If this was an isolated incident, then it would be easy to dismiss with a chuckle.  The problem is that this has become the norm and there does not appear to be any type of accountability for these mistakes.  It looks bad and reflects a lazy culture in the department.

• Upvote 4