Tony Franklin Back as MUTS O.C.

Mean Green 93-98

Franklin said he wants to be closer to his children, grandchildren and parents, many of whom live in the Southeast.

“I talked with my wife about it and we came to the conclusion we need to be better parents to our children, and better children to our parents,” Franklin said. “I'll be 59 in August. You keep chasing all this stuff. I went to Texas and talked to Charlie Strong (about the Longhorns' offensive coordinator position). There's always something better. I finally said, ‘I want to do a good job and enjoy life and be good to my mom and dad.' They're amazing human beings and they need a good son.”

• Upvote 1

I can very much relate to his situation. All of my family is in the Dallas area and while only 4 1/2 hours away it is still too far to enjoy that family bond. The older you get and especially after having kids you just really want to have family close. I love Houston but always consider moving back to Dallas just for that reason. 

• Upvote 1

On January 23, 2016 at 0:09 AM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It is great to see C-USA attract talent, both in coaches and players. Once we start winning it will just solidify our success! GMG

• Upvote 1