Fort Worth Star-Telegram Report

Huff

Today's print edition of the FWST has an article with the title "North Texas Expected To Hire UNC Assistant"       In the body of the article it states "A person familiar with the thinking at UNT said Littrell would be the choice.  Insiders believe that the Tar Heels want to wait on Littrell's announcement until after Saturday's ACC Championship game against Clemson"   The article goes on to state "That time line perhaps led to a rise of confusing reports that had sources in Ft. Worth believing that Meacham was headed to North Texas"

Those of us who read or post on GMG.com would probably say that this was only one of the many things that have led to confusion about this situation.

• Upvote 2

Today's print edition of the FWST has an article with the title "North Texas Expected To Hire UNC Assistant"       In the body of the article it states "A person familiar with the thinking at UNT said Littrell would be the choice.  Insiders believe that the Tar Heels want to wait on Littrell's announcement until after Saturday's ACC Championship game against Clemson"   The article goes on to state "That time line perhaps led to a rise of confusing reports that had sources in Ft. Worth believing that Meacham was headed to North Texas"

Those of us who read or post on GMG.com would probably say that this was only one of the many things that have led to confusion about this situation.

Ok, now I am starting to believe.  If it is IN PRINT that means it had to run by several editing steps that the online reports don't have to.    

• Upvote 1

Ok, now I am starting to believe.  If it is IN PRINT that means it had to run by several editing steps that the online reports don't have to.    

As a former Star-Telegram reporter, I think you overestimate the amount of editing a print story is likely to receive today. A long series of layoffs and buyouts have left the paper with an extremely thin, overworked staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a former Star-Telegram reporter, I think you overestimate the amount of editing a print story is likely to receive today. A long series of layoffs and buyouts have left the paper with an extremely thin, overworked staff.

True but I think it's a lot more editing that "random guy with a twitter handle".  

• Upvote 2