Harry

I want him to WANT to be here.  To appreciate what we have and what we can be.  If this coach truly believes in North Texas the sky is the limit.

I am really getting sick of negativity and how we are perceived by the outside experts.  We trusted these so called "experts" last time around and look what it got us.  Paid a pretty penny for it too!

This is a very good job now and we just need the right person.  But they have to believe they can be successful here, formulate a good plan and stick to it.  GMG!

I want the coach to be told if he ever says the six words "it's too tough to recruit here," that's his resignation. He has to sound as positive as he did in the job interview even in hard times.

YES. because it isn't. I can list on and on reasons to come to NT none of which have anything to do with football or academics. Add those two things to the mix and damn, why wouldn't you come here? 

I want him to WANT to be here.  To appreciate what we have and what we can be.  If this coach truly believes in North Texas the sky is the limit.

I am really getting sick of negativity and how we are perceived by the outside experts.  We trusted these so called "experts" last time around and look what it got us.  Paid a pretty penny for it too!

This is a very good job now and we just need the right person.  But they have to believe they can be successful here, formulate a good plan and stick to it.  GMG!

Bingo! You cannot effectively recruit here, and your assistant coaches cannot effectively recruit here, if they are only here for the paycheck. They all need to be ego driven and eager to take on the challenge of their lives. From day one they need to be talking/preaching to any Texas HS coach who will stand still (or stay on the phone), for five minutes and listen to their message. 

We have one pretty good example. Corky Nelson kept knocking on our door asking for a job here until the administration finally listened. The sad part is that they should have listened to Corky instead of hiring Bob Tyler. He might have made enough of a difference with an extra year of coaching/recruiting here to keep us at 1-A.

But probably not. That was too much about our "lack-of-vision" administrators. 

See, I want him to WANT to be a head coach at a P5. And I want him to work his ass off at UNT to get there.

Win-win for that head coach and UNT.

Dan McCarney "really wanted to be here." Actually, he really wanted to be a head coach anywhere. So...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I keep reading disclaimers from top assistant coaches stating that they have no interest in North Texas. At first blush only Jinks seems to check all the boxes. Does anyone really know his level of interest, and has he actually been interviewed ? Some people submit a resume just to get their name out there in order to get looks from other programs.