What Vito thinks...

Dr. Seuss

http://www.texasfootball.com/why-dan-mccarneys-firing-was-unexpected-and-where-north-texas-goes-from-here/

Here's a video from DCTF asking questions about what were looking for in our next HC.

It was interesting to hear that Vito said "think" and not "from what I'm hearing."  

Vito said at the very end of the interview on who he "thinks" will be the HC will be someone with ties to the DFW, Offensive minded coach, younger guy with some HC experience or lots of skins on the wall....

I really don't think Vito has heard anything, its all what he thinks, well, thats because he said it.

I guess you can say that the type of coach they're looking for is Major or Riley? I don't know of a younger HC that meats that criteria....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You guys do know (I hope) that when agents (normally attorneys) are negotiating for their clients non-disclosures are signed at the beginning of discussions, right? 

So, you aren't going to get daily or weekly press conferences from any AD or candidate about ongoing negotiations and contacts.  Neither side is going to be on the horn with sports writers either.  Sorry.  What you will get is what you get:  random people saying they heard this and that.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you really want to know who is going where to interview, you've got to get into spy mode like big schools' fans do: 

"A flight plan showed a chartered flight from Jacksonville left Gainesville at 12:16 p.m. for Joplin,. Mo. From there, the flight was destined for Fort Collins. The website OnlyGators.com first reported the flight plan that was widely tracked by media outlets."

This is how Florida fans knew - and Colorado State fans knew - for sure that the Gators might pluck McElwain from the Rams.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-gators-jeremy-foley-jim-mcelwain-20141202-story.html

So, you've got to have a fan or two who works in a place where they can get and track flight plans from all sorts of places - airports, public and private.  In essence, at big schools, the fans become sleuths. 

So...

...anyone know Rick's flight plans of late?  Or, heard of him taking a long lunch, driving up 35, and not making it home until after dinner?

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller