Coach Chico Embraces the fans after the UTKFC win

Harry

He certainly does seem to care about the school, having an entertaining product, and winning. His predecessor didn't give 2 shits about our school.

So because he is a c hair above a terrible coach, we should hire him?

Even though he hasn't recruited an FBS QB to this roster in 6 years.

Insert eyeroll emocon here.

GOOD LORD!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 10

So because he is a c hair above a terrible coach, we should hire him?

Even though he hasn't recruited an FBS QB to this roster in 6 years.

Insert eyeroll emocon here.

GOOD LORD!

Even though it is common knowledge that he has/was recruiting QB's that McCarney would not let him offer.  Just sayin'

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Commin knowledge because Chico said so after the kid became a starter for another program?

Lol:

Just sayin'

I was talking about Riddle.  Besides, the point was that Mac obviously controlled who we went after and offered.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

I would explain my point again, but it has become obvious you are too dense or too hard headed to grasp it.

Your point is that a guy who campaigned for the head coaching gig last time around is now saying that the guy that beat him out limited his recruiting. 

Right, that guy has nothing to gain by saying that, does he? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Too bad he won't be considered for the head coaching position. I really like him.

While I really like him as well and appreciate the job he has done as interim head coach (twice), I just don't think the time is right to hire him as our next head coach.  Had he been hired after Dodge I would have been 100% behind the move, but I just think at this point he represents too much of the past from which we are trying to distance ourselves.  Really too bad because as others have mentioned, he seems to truly care about UNT.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4

Your point is that a guy who campaigned for the head coaching gig last time around is now saying that the guy that beat him out limited his recruiting. 

Right, that guy has nothing to gain by saying that, does he? 

God forbid we actually hire a guy that wants to be here. I hope someday we can have a successful coach that sees our school as more than just his employer.

• Upvote 2

Fixed.

But that's not your nature, is it...

Oh believe me, I am all for fixing. McCarney was the problem. That problem is now fixed. With the Iowa boys, we were 0-5 against the spread and straight up. We didn't even beat the freaking spread once. Under Canales, we are 3-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall. This is an improved team, don't let your personal vendetta against the athletic director make you blind to the positive changes that have occurred with our team.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1