Rice fans predict UNT score

Harry

To take a page from the Belichick presser, this thread is to leave the abomination of the Texas game behind and look forward to UNT (and Baylor after that)

UNT lost 31-13 to SMU in their only action of the season. SMU seems to have a dynamic QB and look to be much improved from their last season. UNT was 4-8 last year including a poor loss to the hapless USM Golden Eagles.

Assuming Rice learns how to play Special Teams and we continue our line play so far this year, Rice should be able to take this one, IMO.

Baylor has looked more vulnerable than expected. They were tied up with SMU and Lamar in the 2Q before pulling away.

Statistics don't mean much after 1 or 2 games, but UNT is 123rd out of 127 in Div 1-A in total offense, gaining 240 yards against SMU. Baylor is 1st at 754 yards per game.

Read more: 

http://csnbbs.com/thread-748835.html

Edited by Harry

I appreciated visiting their board, as they are logical and not demeaning.

That's because they are coming off of 3 straight bowl games.  I remember going there when they were bad.

Do you know the cutting, glib, and erudite remarks Quoner and I think we make? They were actually making them.  It was like a masterclass in polished, debilitating invective.  

I cried hot, jealous tears of joy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's because they are coming off of 3 straight bowl games.  I remember going there when they were bad.

Do you know the cutting, glib, and erudite remarks Quoner and I think we make? They were actually making them.  It was like a masterclass in polished, debilitating invective.  

I cried hot, jealous tears of joy.  

That actually surprised me considering how engineering heavy they are.  But a quick visit to rice.edu tells me that they do have schools of music, humanities, and social sciences, so I can see some of those kids coming out as cunning linguists.

• Upvote 1

That actually surprised me considering how engineering heavy they are.  But a quick visit to rice.edu tells me that they do have schools of music, humanities, and social sciences, so I can see some of those kids coming out as cunning linguists.

Rice's endowment is 5.5 BILLION, almost 40 times larger than our.  In Texas, only the UT system has a larger endowment.  Rice can have any damn thing it wants.

I was once talking to a colleague at Rice about how he was having difficulties because the building they were in was insufficient for their needs.   I asked him what he planned to do, and in a huff he replied that "The university just expects us to wait around for a year while they build another building for us."

That poor, poor, bastard.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1