Sack N Save/I-35 Construction Update 8.14.15

Harry

show wide are they making 2499?  Haha I hadn't taken that was since college...thanks for reminding me.  Might not be a bad way to go depending on how many lanes and how many stop signs.

The main 2499 construction is the portion next to Grapevine Mills mall.  Then once you cross over Lake Lewisville into Corinth/Southern Denton there's construction of 2181 Swisher/Teasley.

I was thinking of the other place Teasley comes out to 35E in Lake Dallas.  I believe it's called Swisher there.  It's all in a name, right?

Careful using that route. There are now a bunch of lights and it doesn't move very fast. Not sure it is going to do a lot for you. Download Waze and let it tell you the fastest route for the day and traffic conditions. Probably easier than figuring it out for yourself.

• Upvote 2

Careful using that route. There are now a bunch of lights and it doesn't move very fast. Not sure it is going to do a lot for you. Download Waze and let it tell you the fastest route for the day and traffic conditions. Probably easier than figuring it out for yourself.

Waze will also tell you where the police are waiting to pull you over to fill the revenue coffers.  Just saying.....

well, it will if others on the road ahead of you enter the data.  I have used Waze on some long distance road trips, but rarely around town.  It proved most helpful getting me around several traffic delays, warning me of police waiting in hard to see places ( not that I was speeding mind you...no, I really wasn't officer ), and about stalked cars and other vehicles on the side of the road.  Anyway, if you have never tried it...do, you might like it.  And, be sure to help your fellow travelers out by noting where the "revenuers" are waiting in anticipation of enriching city coffers.

Waze will also tell you where the police are waiting to pull you over to fill the revenue coffers.  Just saying.....

well, it will if others on the road ahead of you enter the data.  I have used Waze on some long distance road trips, but rarely around town.  It proved most helpful getting me around several traffic delays, warning me of police waiting in hard to see places ( not that I was speeding mind you...no, I really wasn't officer ), and about stalked cars and other vehicles on the side of the road.  Anyway, if you have never tried it...do, you might like it.  And, be sure to help your fellow travelers out by noting where the "revenuers" are waiting in anticipation of enriching city coffers.

Yeah, I don't use it on my normal drive, but I did when going to a concert not long ago and was able to shave some time off my drive where traffic slowed and there was an alternate route that was faster.

Bonus was the hilarity of listening to the Terminator telling me where to turn.

how wide are they making 2499?  Haha I hadn't taken that was since college...thanks for reminding me.  Might not be a bad way to go depending on how many lanes and how many stop signs.

Two lanes each direction from FM407 to FM2181, with only two traffic lights that I can think of. Watch the 40/45 speed limits. Ridiculously low (TXDOT recommended 50) for political and revenue reasons.

The stretch of FM2181 (Teasley) going north from Guyer to where it turns west is 50 mph, but only one lane each direction with numerous stops and no opportunity to pass slower cars. Tough on weekday evening basketball, but not really an issue for Saturday football. Construction has already started to extend FM2499 to I35, coming out where State School Road is now.

Edited by rws69

I really need to give Waze another shot.  My first attempt with it was back in 2009, and it was entirely undeveloped.  The maps had me driving in the middle of lake lewisville, and there were no other users.  Google maps does fine with the directions, but it doesn't tend to warn me about traffic snarls until I already find myself in them.

I really need to give Waze another shot.  My first attempt with it was back in 2009, and it was entirely undeveloped.  The maps had me driving in the middle of lake lewisville, and there were no other users.  Google maps does fine with the directions, but it doesn't tend to warn me about traffic snarls until I already find myself in them.

Google has actually recently developed a partnership with Waze to display and utilize the latter's traffic obstruction data to calculate re-routing.

Just make sure it's not on a NASCAR weekend.

Yeah for sure.  Went to Denton this weekend and took 35W up and 35E back to Irving.  Confirmed what others have said in that one of those rides proves to be a chaotic and highly anxious one and the other was like a peaceful drive in the country.  Both took the same time from Las Colinas.

• 2 months later...