2015 college football preseason rankings (No. 114) UNT

Harry

The most interesting part of North Texas' 2015 season might be its schedule. Well, that and its turnover.

(Not turnovers, though, since the Mean Green's turnover margin was zero last year).

North Texas lost a ton from a 4-8 team, including four starting offensive linemen. That's generally not a particularly welcome recipe for a program in the middle of a reboot, and it will be the biggest concern facing the Mean Green this year.

But not the only one. North Texas often struggled on offense, cracking 30 points just once in conference play. Quarterback Andrew McNulty threw just six touchdowns in 202 passing attempts last season, and he'll presumably have less reliable (and certainly less experienced) protection in the pocket this year.

read more:  http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/index.ssf/2015/07/2015_college_football_preseason_rankings_no_114_north_texas_must_rebuild_offensive_line.html

North Texas lost a ton from a 4-8 team, including four starting offensive linemen. That's generally not a particularly welcome recipe for a program in the middle of a reboot, and it will be the biggest concern facing the Mean Green this year.

atYZfD9.gif

What else can you say about this athletic department except, at least they're not from Canada.

4VKILYp.gif

• Upvote 2

The most interesting part of North Texas' 2015 season might be its schedule. Well, that and its turnover.

(Not turnovers, though, since the Mean Green's turnover margin was zero last year).

But not the only one. North Texas often struggled on offense, cracking 30 points just once in conference play. Quarterback Andrew McNulty threw just six touchdowns in 202 passing attempts last season, and he'll presumably have less reliable (and certainly less experienced) protection in the pocket this year.

read more:  http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/index.ssf/2015/07/2015_college_football_preseason_rankings_no_114_north_texas_must_rebuild_offensive_line.html

That article is a very fair assessment. If you consider we have a bye week to start the year, followed by 12 straight weeks of games, and only 5 home games, it certainly makes for a very difficult schedule for the Mean Green.

Don't even have a game opening weekend of college football season. To bad Tasty has vanished from these parts, otherwise he may be interested in looking up how many other FBS schools have had a bye week the first week of the season, both this year and the last 10 years.

I'd bet the number is under 5, with a really good shot at being 1.

but ya, RV is a stinking genius.

We have to play a schedule that is as daunting as any we have played since the Dickey days...with a below average QB, a new OL, and a defense that still has work to do to get built up to win games.

114 out of 128... or to put it another way, 49th out of 62 G5s... for a coach entering his 5th season...with the same OC entering his 6th season...and the same AD in his 14th season.

• Upvote 3

Don't even have a game opening weekend of college football season. To bad Tasty has vanished from these parts, otherwise he may be interested in looking up how many other FBS schools have had a bye week the first week of the season, both this year and the last 10 years.

I'd bet the number is under 5, with a really good shot at being 1.

but ya, RV is a stinking genius.

I'll take that bet. I think SMU was one a few years ago, i'll have to do the research later. My guess is.....7 in the last ten years. 

It sucks as a fan, but it's low on the list of RV's transgressions. 

• Upvote 1

I'll take that bet. I think SMU was one a few years ago, i'll have to do the research later. My guess is.....7 in the last ten years. 

It sucks as a fan, but it's low on the list of RV's transgressions. 

you do the research and I'll buy you a beer, either way.

• Upvote 1

you do the research and I'll buy you a beer, either way.

I was wrong about SMU but.....

Akron 2005, Air Force 2006, UAB 2010, Army 2012 and 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Florida 2014, Fresno State 2005......I stopped at the "I"s.  That's eight right there.  

Don't buy me a beer, hand me one at your tailgate when I come back for a home game later in the season. 

Here's my source- http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/byname.htm

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 1